Tuesday 8 January 2013

Do you want me to press your big button?

Moo and I went on a mission today once the boys were gone. After our breakfast we drove to the Toyota Garage as my car had been recalled AGAIN. The letter said it would take 2.5 hours so we asked if they could 'shuttle' us to the shops. The shuttle service was somewhere else and he said it would only take an hour so we had a coffee and sat and watched the News. It took less than an hour (and was cleaned) so we drove to the shops. We were looking for Winter Boots for me that had super support for my poorly foot. Walmart had nothing. Winners had nothing. So we drove to a local Mall - we used my phone sat Nav again and she got it all wrong. We were in the place we wanted to get to but she was telling us to go out and turn right and then left - silly Siri!

First we went to The Bay where I found a lovely pair of Red furry boots which didn't give an awful lot of support and a pair of Pink and grey boots which I really liked but they weren't in the sale. I asked her to hold them for me for the rest of the day and we tried another shop. They had lots but none in my size.

We stopped for lunch of a bagel and an orange juice. Then we went to another shoe shop and found the same ones as the pink ones (but black and white) for $20 less. I ummmmed and ahhhhhed for ages and tried lots of others on. In the end I bought the Black and White ones with the intention of trying them at home with my insoles. My feet really hurt me today so it's hard to tell if they are any good or not.

We came home via a supermarket to get some veggies to make tonight's soup. Then we went home. We had just enough time to put the shopping away, have a drink and play a game of table tennis before the kids came home. Small did some homework and Smallest played and helped us make the soup. We made two soups. Carrot, Tomato and Spinach and then a Roasted Chestnut.

Huffle came home. We all ate. I took Small to Cubs. He made an elastic band shooter, a key ring, talked about badges and had a story read to him - The Jungle Book. Next week he gets Invested and we all get to go. Smallest watched TV until bed.

I came back, played Table Tennis with Moo until HB skyped. Stopped to talk to her and Huffle and Moo played. It was nice to catch up with HB as we haven't spoken for some time. We caught up and chatted about Uni, Christmas, Family etc. I went and picked up Small from cubs, he loves it. Moo sewed his badges on his uniform the other day and I found out today that one of them is on the wrong arm. He also came home with a new badge and a woggle. Moo put him to bed and read to him. Huffle, Moo and I played Table Tennis and I went on the Eliptical - I could only manage a mile!

I soaked my poor feet and we watched Cake Boss - The next Great Baker.

I forgot to add a photo the other day of Moo finishing the Baileys Trifle.

I think she liked it.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great photo of Small giving the salute, such a lovely face, so grown up, aah. Hope the boots/foot ok and can't believe such a slim lady ate all that trifle, a good walk today I think!