Thursday 10 January 2013

Who will wear the robe today?

Smallest came in 5:30 this morning because he had lost 'smelly' (his favourite bed time elephant he has had forever). Huffle said "I'm sorry, I'm not getting up to look for him, it's nearly time to get up, try and sleep without him or look for him with your torch". He didn't find him until later tonight!

Huffle went off to work. The boys went off to school. Smallest is still not well but his temperature wasn't high, maybe a little low but he said he felt okay.

Moo and I had a quick game of Table Tennis then she went off for a walk with Mrs Royal and I did a workout for an hour. I worked hard and did 10km on the bike and just a mile on the Eliptical. (The reason I only did a mile was because Drew rang me and the only thing I could carry on doing whilst talking and not huffing and puffing was cycling). I also got to watch an episode of 'How I met your Mother' as the whole series is on Netflix so I am watching them from the beginning. Moo came home and brought Mrs R with her and we had coffee and toast and a good chat. Moo and I got showered and went out.

First we went to Bulk Barn and got Porridge and Pudding Rice for Small. Yesterday we attempted to make a rice pudding but as I poured the milk over the rice, I noticed small black things floating. Turns out it was weevils. The rice was in an air tight container. When we went to Bulk Barn I mentioned it to the helpful lady there. She said an air tight container wasn't the best as it encourages moisture. The weevils came from the rice and just 'appear' if left too long. Eeeuuuugghhh that's disgusting. I only bought a small amount as I didn't want it happening again.

Then we popped into the phone shop and asked about my IPhone. It has been losing its sound and won't always switch off. It is under warranty and they suggested I visit the Apple shop, so I made an appointment for next Tuesday at the bigger Mall so Moo and I can shop at the same time. She needs to fill her 2nd case up that was full of food and presents. We felt we needed a coffee and stopped off at the cafe and had one and a cake (well we did earn lots of extra calories this morning). Thanks to Mrs Spice for telling me about an app called My Fitness Pal I now log all my food intake and exercise and it tells me how many calories I have for that day.

After our cake we went to the Care and Share shop and bought 3 books for me, a Canadian scrabble dictionary for us all, a book and a bean bag for Smallest for his birthday. Good pickings today. We drove back and popped into the library (without the kids) and picked them up some books. We got Small some 'how to draw....' Books and a joke book for tomorrow (strike day) as it is supposed to be raining! Smallest and I drew Dragons.

We came home, put things away and then moved the Christmas Tree out onto the porch. Good job we didn't do it yesterday, it was so windy it may have ended up in Drew's garden. We got pine needles everywhere including in my hair. We cleaned up the mess, the boys came home from school and then Moo went out for a walk with Mrs Royal and Drew. She has been complaining of achey legs (I wonder why with all this walking and table tennis!!).

Moo hugging Fraser

The boys played on the Wii and I made pizzas and watched another episode of 'How I met your Mother'. Can't believe I didn't watch this when it came out. Moo came home, Huffle came home, we all ate dinner. The boys watched TV. Moo, Huffle and I played Table Tennis and I beat him. REALLY REALLY this time. Properly beat him. Ha ha ha. I got to wear the King Robe! And when when we played again he had to wear the robe to play Moo! PAH!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

The king in action

The boys went to bed. Smallest still feels unwell and very hot and yet his temperature is low. 'Smelly' has a bloody head from Smallest's nose. Small has a hurt leg and a twisted foot from dancing in Gym. Tomorrow they are having baths in Epsom Salts (including Smelly) - that'll sort 'em!

Get Well soon NoCustard.

 

No comments: