Monday 14 January 2013

What's Up Doc?

Huffle got up in the night to check the sump was working correctly and that the basement wasn't flooded. It had been raining steadily and the sump was going crazy. All was fine (though I did find some water tricking this morning). I slept terribly as I couldn't get comfortable with my neck and I had to keep blowing my nose.

Huffle went to work. Grandma skyped me first thing (in fact I had only just got up) to show me their snow.

 

Grandad walking past Madamme Courvoissier's window

Small went to school with a promise if I needed to take him out of school for a doctors interview, I would ring them! (I didn't need to - he was disappointed!).

Moo, Smallest (who seemed much brighter today) and I had breakfast and then slowly got ready for a trip to interview (or was he interviewing us?) the doctor. We got there early and had to fill out some more forms. We sat in the waiting room and played I-Spy until we were called. We went through to a small room and waited for the doctor to appear. It took a while but he came eventually. I liked him. I liked the way he spoke to Smallest and I liked his frank opinions on Flu Shots!

Smallest in the doctors office

We answered lots of health questions regarding Family Health matters, hospital stays, minor illnesses, injections etc. He decided, because of my age (the cheek!) that I should have a blood test to check my blood sugar levels, cholesterol etc, also I need to have a tetanus as I can't remember the last time I had one (can't have me being bitten by a bear or a moose eh?). So I have to go in and get that done soon. Smallest liked him too. I said "HAVE WE BEEN APPROVED THEN? ARE YOU OUR DOCTOR?" He said, well I am accepting you and Smallest. Huffle is due on Friday and he is going to sort out Small too.

We drove home and had lunch and then skyped LizzieDotDot. They too had snow and showed us a picture of their snowman they made. They didn't go to school today because they were snowed in.

The DotDots Snowman

We had a nice chat to them all and then went off for a brisk walk to Smallest's friend K's house the other end of the Hamlet. K's mum was really nice. We had coffee and chatted while the kids played in the play room. We had cookies (chick pea and chocolate - sounds weird but they were really good) and fruit. She is quite similar to me in a lot of her ways. I like her. We are going to meet up again. The kids had fun.

We walked home and realised Small would be there in plenty of time before us so I rang Mr Royal and asked him to look out for him for us. He did better than that, he walked to our house and brought him back to his house, chopped wood with him and gave him Ribena. It wasn't long before we got there so we had a cup of tea with him and Mrs Royal and chatted about the Winter Carnival. Huffle and I have volunteered to do the children's games and the scavenger hunt.

We came home, made dinner, Small did some homework. Huffle came home. We ate dinner. Moo went out for a walk with Drew. Small and I played Monopoly Deal Millionaire while Huffle and Smallest played Table Tennis (Smallest's new record is six returns on the trot!) Then Huffle took the boys off to Beavers and Cubs - today they at going to look at someone's collection of Classic Cars.

 

No comments: