Thursday 31 January 2013

Sock monkey Smallest

I woke up this morning (yay a full night's sleep for everyone) to a howling wind. All the snow had gone, probably blown away to another country. It was very very windy. Then the snow came again, then it disappeared again. It was a very strange weathery day.

This was the boys being silly at breakfast! We think Smallest (top) looks like a sock monkey.

The boys went off to school.

They managed to play in the tiny little bit of ice that was left. I had breakfast, did a half an hour on the bike, watched 'How I met your Mother', had a shower, did some washing, cleaned the bathrooms and waited for the nice lady to come and help me make up the Goody Bags.

She brought the bags and a big box to put them in when finished. We got on with the task and because we were chatting while we did it, we finished in a very quick time. She has taken the bags away and will deliver them on Saturday. I had my lunch and then started making dinner. I made a cottage pie and hid some vegetables in there. I also made a Carrot and Tomato Soup which may or may not be used for the Soup Competition on Saturday.

LizzieDotDot skyped and we had a nice chat about kids, weather, knitting etc. I haven't spoke to her properly for a while so it was nice to catch up. All day, too, I have been playing 'Words with Friends' with Aunty A (like Scrabble), it's good because we get to chat at the same time. She won the last game and I think she is winning this one too (actually for some reason we are paying two games at the same time).

Huffle came home and we all had dinner together. He had a bad day and was grumpy. I think we cheered him a little! The boys watched TV and went to bed a bit earlier. All of these late nights recently are catching up on them.

Huffle and I started watching Mad Men as recommended by AA. The first one was okay. I will watch it again but Huffle isn't sure.

I also realised today that all the Downton Abbey I have been recording is the first series. The recent series isn't called Downton Abbey in our TV. It is called Masterpiece. WELL HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIND THAT?

 

 

No comments: