Wednesday 30 January 2013

Interrupted.....

My balloon flower - still blooming

Huffle couldn't sleep and kept waking me up (unintentionally). There were drips of ice and rain and all sorts of other noises, including his stomach. I told him to watch TV but it wasn't working well so he went downstairs and watched some Monty Python. I woke up after dreaming about a man forcing his way into our house. Smallest came in having had a bad dream (a man was in our house downstairs, spooky, and put him on the bus, he knew who it was. it was a Beavers leader, Huffle asked if he wasn't a nice man and Smallest said 'he normally is'. He ended up in between us and then decided to go back but got lost because he couldn't see. Huffle brought him back in and I directed him back to bed. Then at 7am this morning Small woke me to look at his mouth as he had an abcess on his gum. I'M TIRED NOW!!!!

I decided to take him to the walk-in clinic (not our new one, as that is only evenings). Smallest and I got ready quickly, rang the school and then we all drove to the doctors. On the way it started to rain really heavily, so heavily that we couldn't see through the windscreen at one point. Temperatures were about 10-12* which was actually warmer than the UK, strange! Small got seen fairly quickly, got some antibiotics, told to go to the dentist and we went next door to the pharmacist. Once we got his medicine we headed back to school. The secretary was kind enough to take the medicine, put it in her fridge and promised to make sure he had it when he needed to. I did ring the school mid afternoon to check and he had remembered.

Smallest colouring in for the Carnival Competition (he won last year).

I finished my Wrist Warmers. YAY.

Small and I skyped Grandma and Madamme Courvoissier and then we skyped Moo.

While I was on the computer, I was watching these two chimpy squirrels playing in the tree

We had lunch, played with the Hot Wheels, making tracks and roads and then tidying it all up. Then Smallest said I could have a rest so I watched an episode of 'How I met your Mother' while he played on the IPad. We made meatballs and Beetballs for dinner and waited for Small to come home.

Small did his homework, Smallest annoyed him, I got dinner ready. Tonight is Movie Night (winter carnival) and the boys volunteered to help hand out Crisps and Pop so I had to get them there early. Huffle and I had an evening to ourselves as it didn't finish until 8pm.

Huffle came home and we ate in a state of calmness. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Then we played Table Tennis for over an hour. I won a game and got very close in several others. Wahoooo.

Huffle picked the kids up, they were full of stories when they got home. We ushered them to bed, kisses, hugs, no stories as it was late and then peace again with a lovely pot of tea and TV.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wrist warmers looking good. Hope you all had a better night's sleep. x

famfa said...

Thanks, snow coming again so will need them. Great nights sleep thanks x

Brenda B said...

Sounds like a crazy night! I drove to work in a blizzard early, 20mph the whole freakin way!! Yucky. Love the wrist warmers, there's so many things I want to have a go at making, but I'm really quite slow at knitting. Don't be jealous of my cards, lol!! If you want to be totally blown away then look here at Bev's blog. Or try Fleur, love her vintagey work. I'm seriously down the totem pole compared to these ladies, and many, many others!!

Hugs
Brenda