Friday 11 January 2013

My friend 'Bucket'*

I was enjoying my lie-in this morning until the phone rang at 8am. I knew I wouldn't need to get up to answer it as one of the boys would do it. Small was talking on the phone and by the sound of his voice I knew it was someone he knew. It was in fact Huffle, ringing to say that he wasn't sure if the strike had been called off. I rang the school and it was open today, apparently it was all sorted by 6am this morning. Bleary eyed, I dragged myself out of bed and started Small's breakfast and lunch. Moo came down wondering who had phoned also.

We managed, between us, to get Small off to school on time, though we weren't sure the bus would be running. Smallest was feeing much better today and back to his cheeky self. Moo and I had breakfast and then I went off to my knitting group and Moo and Smallest played, did homework and cleared some of his bedroom.

I was feeling groggy today. I nearly forgot my knitting, I lost my keys, my sock, which should have been knitted on four pins ended up on two!!! What a Wally. I had a good time at knitting and next week we have decided to knit slippers. Guess what everyone will get for Christmas this year? I managed to knit quite a bit.

When I came home we all had lunch and Smallest showed which toys he had decided he didn't want anymore. I made several piles. One for Garage Sale, one for the bin, one for EBaying and one for Small to check through before I put it in the Garage Sale pile. We cleaned his floor and organised everything else. His room looks lovely now.

Moo and I played Scrabble while Smallest did some of his Lego and then when Small came home from school (a lot of people didn't go in today), they and a snack and got ready for swimming lessons.

We were early for swimming and Small had his lesson first. Just him so they added the next group into his class. He worked really hard swimming backwards and forwards, up and down and up and down.

 

Smallest had his lesson and was with the same girl as last year. I asked him late what the boy was called who had his lessons with him. *He said his name was Bucket. We couldn't stop laughing. I wonder what his name really is?

Bucket, Smallest and their swimming teacher

Small and his teacher's leg

We came home - the boys were very tired. Today it has rained all day. On the way home from swimming it was raining and foggy and dark. Horrible conditions to drive in, especially when I drove through a huge pool of water which covered the car but couldn't remember instantly where my windscreen wipers were! It was a horrible journey.

Huffle was home before us. He had prepared dinner. We all ate. Huffle and Moo played Table Tennis while I blogged and the boys watched YouTube Mario!

The boys went to bed. Huffle and I played Table Tennis - he beat me several times. Moo and I played and she beat me! Poor Famfa!!

Everyone is tired. I have a sore throat. Moo has a cold. Smallest is still coughing. Small has stinging eyes from the chlorine at swimming. Smelly is nicely washed and dried and ready for a full nights sleep with Smallest.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 12* WOW!

 

 

1 comment:

AA said...

Don't worry Famfa, you can definitely beat me at table tennis!!

xxx