Saturday 19 January 2013

PUSTIN BOOTS

We slept! We even had a lie-in. I had a strange dream last night/this morning about the Winter Carnival. It was the day of the Carnival and we had forgotten to sort out the games. I took off my flip flops (in Winter?) and when I came to put them on again, someone had taken one of them and then I found the ones I lost last year! Very strange!

We all had breakfast and while Small did his homework and I knitted a second slipper, we all played Mousetrap. I lost but I'm not sure how, one minute I was on a safe zone and the next I had been caught under the trap. I finished my slipper. Moo packed her cases and wrote out her luggage labels. Huffle watched Stoke lose. Oh dear.

We thought we were delivering brochures for the Carnival today but we heard nothing so we stayed in. Smallest and I made the snowman for the 'Pin the tail on the Snowman'.

The snow melted. Last night when Moo went to the Royals, Mr Royal told Moo her flight was delayed from 6:30pm to 10pm when in fact her flight was actually still on time (and still is now). Don't know what he was looking at! A lot of flights have been cancelled from Heathrow London but so far Moo's and Aunty A's are still okay.

Small did more homework and played on Wii. The boys had baths. There was a bit of table tennis, Lego and then before we knew it, it was time to take Moo home. She popped to Drew's to say goodbye and then luggage was loaded, goodbyes said, cuddles and hugs given, a few tears and we were off.

Small and I drove Moo to the airport. The traffic was busy but flowing well, in fact it only took us 40 minutes there and less on the way back. We didn't park in the car park this time, we went to Departures and parked in the drop off point. We chatted briefly, got the cases out, hugged and said our goodbyes. Still a rubbish part of any visit. Never gets any easier. We watched her walk through the departure doors and drove off. (I got Small to check the time of her flight once more and it was fine, though at one point we thought her flight was delayed till 12 (5.5 hours later).

The return was easy, still light and we knew Pizza was on its way. When we got home, no-one else was there as they had gone to get the pizza. We all sat and ate in front of the film Puss in Boots (or Pustin Boots as Smallest calls it). It was very good.

We put the boys to bed early as Small is coughing a lot, Smallest was very tired, and we have a busy day tomorrow. Smallest fell asleep before I even tucked him in. I read Harry Potter to Small and I was intending to read a whole chapter but I got a sneeze attack and had to stop so Small carried on.

It seems quiet here without Moo, not that she was particularly noisy, but we can tell she's not here. We had a great time and I think she did too, the boys will miss her greatly. We are pleased she got to see the snow and go skiing and even try her hand at snowboarding (only in the garden). We are very grateful that we got to go to New York and had a few bits of time to ourselves. Bye Moo, see you on Skype soon.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As you say always tricky when people go home but as Aunty A here later today sure that will help. Commiserations to Huffle on Stoke losing. At least Moo won't miss the snow, we have plenty, its snowing now to welcome her home. x