Friday 18 January 2013

Dicky Ticker v Fanny

Almost a full nights sleep until I woke up and heard Smallest crying. I went in to him and he was sitting up in bed, clutching his leg. He said it hurt him so bad he couldn't walk. I went and got him some medicine, Small had woken too. They both went back to sleep and we all got up a little bit later this morning. It had snowed in the night but just a thinnish layer. When we got up the temperature was -11 which meant it felt even colder. Brrrrrrrr (I had a comment from Mrs Rumbkeskins about their heat (Australia) - I sympathise and couldn't imagine it that hot at 45.8).

....and Yes, that IS ice on the inside of the window.

The boys went off to school wrapped up nice and warm (Smallest was fine in the morning).

Huffle went off to have his interview with the new doctor. Moo and I had breakfast, jigsawed and then went off and joined my knitting group for two and a half hours. Today we were all making "nanny slippers". Very Canadian thing that used to be made by Grandmas for everyone. They are very cute. Moo made a purple one but it was a bit small so she might re-knit hers. I made a blue one, sewed it up And finished it off with a Pom-Pom that I made using a new Pom-Pom maker (which I have ordered).

When we finished there we went off for lunch at my favourite place. We had a roasted Red Pepper Soup, Roasted Veg and Goats Cheese thing that was delicious and a gorgeous salad with cranberries and a raspberry dressing. Ummmm, yum yum. I wanted to take Moo out as it was her last proper day and it was nice for it to be just the two of us.

Moo's new friend

We drove home - still very cold. I wrapped her birthday presents and she wrapped Huffle's and Smallest's - aren't we organised (birthdays are February and March). I went through some photographs and made a short list of the photos I am going to enter into the Winter Carnival Photography Contest.

The boys came home, had a snack, got their swimming stuff ready, we had a quick visit from Drew and we drove to the boys lessons. We found out that Bucket's name was 'Dunkin'. We wonder if it is really Duncan but who knows, the boys thought it was hilarious. They swam really well. Both were really tired at the end.

We drove home and it was snowing again though it was more sleety. The roads were awful. I really hate driving at night here. It is so hard to see the roads with the headlights glaring, no cats eyes in the middle, hardly any lines to follow, snow covering the windscreen, dirt being thrown up but you can't wash it because the screen freezes - arrrrgggghhhh! However we got home, the boys had a quick meal of pasta and cheese and then we had a phone call from the Royals inviting us over with NoCustard and Umbrella. We didn't think we would be able to go because the kids were really tired and almost ready for bed and we had invited Drew over for a game of 'Take Two'. However after many games of Take Two, lots of silliness, laughter and wrong Translations of Canadian/English words, Drew and Moo went to the Royals for a spot of Merry Making.

Huffle tried to get my photos to print off while I blogged.

Huffle got on well at the doctors and he has now accepted us all. However, I got a phone call from the doctors secretary saying that the hospital wouldn't release Huffle's results because he hadn't named our doctor at the time (possibly because we didn't HAVE a doctor then silly!). She asked, very nicely, if he could come in again on Monday and sign some papers but Huffle rang her back and they agreed he could fax them a letter. Hopefully it will all be sorted soon and we can get some results. What a palaver!

 

 

1 comment:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

It was a relief that the temperature came down to 24 today. Phew!