Tuesday 15 January 2013

Paint up the old barn!

Last evening, Huffle and I introduced Moo to the delights of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". Moo's face was a picture. I kept hearing her say "oh no", "what?" "oh god!". very funny. It is a very entertaining show where it makes us thankful we are not them! Moo does not want to watch it again and will not be searching for the prgramme when she goes home - well, Aunty A is here on Sunday and I am sure she will be only too happy to watch it as she loved it (cough cough) last time!!!

I slept terribly last night. I was convinced my heart hurt and that the reason was because my cholesterol was too high (all because the doctor yesterday said I should have a blood test), honestly, the things that go round my head when I should be sleeping. My neck hurt when I turned over too (which I do a lot when I am supposed to be sleeping). Anyway, I got up in the morning with a headache. Still a bit sniffly but feeling much better and my neck is almost back to normal. Oh my god, What a moaner!!!!!

The boys went off to school and Moo and I were out of the house by 9am. We drove to Newmarket, a big mall 45 minutes away that has an Apple Store, to take my phone to the Genius Bar. We had an appointment at 10:30 so our first stop was Starbucks where we sat and nursed a big cup of Americano and watched the world go by.

We found the Apple Store and waited for our 'Genius'. The two problems I had with my phone were not actually happening today (typical). I ended up with a new phone because I had an extended warranty. It had got wet and that was the problem. It should have cost $99 and the warranty cost $70 over a year ago so I guess it was worth it, plus it is still in warranty though he did tell me to be more careful. I looked at other covers but they are so expensive.

We had a bit of a browse around, bought some birthday presents, resisted the urge to buy Christmas paper, bought some jeans for Smallest as his legs seem to be growing and a pair of Summer shoes for me (don't tell Huffle). We had Falafal Pitta and a good people watch and then drove home via a supermarket for some supplies. Then a stop off for some needles and wool for a new project and off to the petrol station near home. While I filled up with petrol, Moo had her hair cut - that's the beauty of small Hamlets, petrol pump in the car, windows being washed while chatting about my day and a hair cut from the cashier - job done! Not really, the hairdressers is opposite the petrol station. I left Moo there and came and put the shopping away and made us a drink. By the time that had been done, Moo was finished and she had walked home with a lovely new haircut. The hairdresser even remembered her from her haircut six months ago.

Moo and I started my new knitting project, skyped LizzieDotDot and then started our soup for dinner. We made Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash. The boys had a Carrot, Tomato and Spinach soup.

The boys came home, Small did his homework and Smallest read to Moo, then they played on the wii. Huffle came home and we all ate. Well Smallest didn't. He seems to have gone downhill again. No appetite, coughing, ear ache last night, aches in his arm and leg, a green nose and he just cries at nothing! Huffle took him to our new doctors that has a walk-in clinic for registered patients every evening from 5-8pm. Moo was out for a walk with Drew so I stayed home with Small and did a bit of excercise.

I read to Small and tucked him in and waited for the rest of the house to get home. Moo came back with a lovely puzzle from Drew with lots of Santa's on it. Not sure we can wait till Christmas so we might start it tomorrow if Smallest is up to it.

Just had a message from Huffle to say that they are getting antibiotics so Smallest must be poorly, bless him, at least he can start getting better now.

There are no photos today as I had not backed my phone up before going to Apple and I am not allowed to take any more photos until they have all been backed up properly otherwise we will lose our New York photos (did I mention New York!). Oh I lied, I do have a photo, donated by the lovely HB who went to the Big Smoke today (with Aunt Pear) to meet a Royal, (made them laugh) and pick up her well earned Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.

Well done HB - we are every proud x

 

No comments: