Tuesday 29 January 2013

Busy Bee

NO PHOTOS - Just too Busy.

It was foggy, icy and generally a wet day.

The boys went off to school. I had breakfast, phoned a lady who offered to help with the Scavenger Hunt and went out. First I went to school to drop off Small's Agenda which he left on the kitchen table this morning. Then I took the books to the library as they were due today. The library was closed and I was hoping to look for Small's fleece which he left at the community centre last night. I posted the books through the door and could just see Small's fleece but the door was locked. Next I went to see Mr Handyman to ask if he had anything we could use for 'Pin the Carrot on the Snowman'. He wasn't there so I left my number and carried on to the supermarket to stock up on food for the week.

The roads were icy and not nice to drive on and it was getting foggier by the minute. I did my shopping, was called back by Mr Handyman, who had just the thing. I popped into his shop on the way home and realised it was too big and heavy to carry so said I would call back another time. I came home, put the shopping away, had lunch and then went out again.

I picked up the lady who is helping with the Scavenger Hunt and we drove to Dollarama and Bulk Barn. We picked up many many many things and we are going to meet on Thursday to make the Goody Bags up. We got 10% off in Bulk Barn which was good. I have a box full of goodies now too for the games prizes. I also got some spoons and ping pong balls for the egg and Spoon race and balls in a jar game. SORTED!

I came home, picked up the post which was a package from Moo with magazines for the boys and cheese toastie bags for Mr Royal. I popped round to the Royals and gave him his bags, he was very happy and I gave him the receipts for all the goodies we bought. Then I popped round to see ClownRose. She has lent me her Crock Pot so I can enter my soup in the competition on Saturday. Also I promised the Scavenger Lady I would make a pie or quiche for the Church Pie Sale (well I said I couldn't promise but I would try). ClownRose is being a clown at the Carnival and she is practising making balloon flowers and swords. She made me a lovely flower. So there I was, crossing the Hamlet road carrying a crockpot (heavy one), half a package from Moo and a balloon flower, struggling to keep upright because everywhere was icy. I did manage to get everything home in one piece and started to make dinner while I waited for the boys to arrive, on the bus today because it was running again, thank goodness.

Small did some homework and then the boys played on the Wii. Oh I forgot, Aunty A got home safe and sound and is now hibernating in her flat.

The boys had dinner. Huffle came home and we had dinner. The boys watched a bit of TV before Small went off to Cubs. I took Small to cubs and bumped into Nan from the library who I haven't seen since October. We had a good chat and then I rushed home becuase I forgot the DryWall man was coming round to give us a quote. hallelujah - a quote from someone at last. Him and his wife were there when I got home. He had brought round some flooring samples forus to see, we have to decide between Maple and Oak - we think we like the oak better and it seems more in fitting with the house. We originally asked him to find us some parquet but it seems that Canadians don't like parquet here. (Our second floor is all parquet). It is only put in apartments here and is not viewed as a value adder. We chose railings, spindles and told us it would be a two and a half weeks work and that he could start in a couple of weeks. WOW. Super quick. We just have to let him know when we want him to start. Whoppeeeee.

I went and fetched Small who had been painting shields for the sides of the carnival float him and Smallest will be on on Saturday. He also got his swimming badge which he is very proud of.

 

Temperatures are set to rise overnight. 10* tomorrow (not a minus in sight). There is even a storm forecast. Apparently the temperature tomorrow is the highest Canada have seen in January for a long time.

 

 

2 comments:

AA said...

So I can move back in in March?

Pleased to see you finally got a quote and got some help with the games.

I am out of hibernation, ventured out of the house today and bought lots of books. It's warm here too (well, 10 degrees!) but very very windy still. I'm worried I might get blown off up here!

xxx

famfa said...

March? Umm let me think! It's 10* here too. Spooky. Glad you got out.