Wednesday 16 January 2013

I'm a Lady, I should think that's perfectly obvious!

To say that Moo has made herself part of the furniture is an understatement. The phone rings, it's for Moo. The IPad pings, it's a message for Moo. Any post? No not yet, but there are still a few days left.

Huffle and Small went off to work/school and Moo and I had breakfast while Smallest played on the IPad and then had a bath. Moo was supposed to have been walking this morning but Winter Carnival business (Royals) got in the way.

This morning we started a jigsaw, knitted....

played Build a Beetle, drew in a Doodle book - mostly at the same time. I made up some lunch and drove to Huffle's work. Today was Court day. Where Mummy goes to court to say sorry for speeding and not having her insurance in the car! Moo and Smallest stayed home and carried on with the jigsaw. Apparently Smallest ran around like a madman, he is obviously on the mend! When Small came home he insisted that he needed to go to Cog's house and do their French Play. Moo rang me to check it was okay and walked him round to Cog's house.

When I got to Huffle's work I texted him "here". Five minutes later after I had no response I texted "still here". He was interviewing and had to come out half way through. We drove to Missisauga

Marilyn Monroe Apartment buildings - Mississauga

- miles away and in the worst traffic EVER! We got to the court with about 15 minutes to spare. We had no idea where to go or what to do. At 2:30 (my interview time) we walked into the courtroom. There was a judge and a woman who was typing things and repeating fines etc and a Prosecutioner and a Policeman (though we later realised the policeman was there because the person being fined was on trial). We had to sit and watch people being fined etc and then the Judge excused himself and went for a recess. Then we queued up to talk to the Prosecutioner and she asked us questions. She waivered my points and fine for not carrying my insurance documents (I said that in England we were not encouraged to keep our documents in the car). As for the speeding fine. When I was stopped I was doing 80km in a 50 zone. The Policeman at the time reduced it to 72. The Prosecutioner reduced it to 60 and reduced my fine to just $30. I'm a lucky girl. It was certainly an experience. We got to watch other people's trials, pleads etc which was interesting. The judge was Irish - we wanted to tell him we knew NoCustard but didn't know if this would be in our favour or not! Ha ha. There was a lot of 'yes your Worship' 'No your Honour' 'Thank you for your time your holiness' (okay maybe not holiness). One man walked away from the judge backwards and did a sort of nod head curtsy! When I was called before the judge I told him my name, he asked if I was guilty (I was!), then he stopped to ask a woman in the court if she was using an electronic device, called me a Sir, then apologised and told me what my reduced fine was. Job Done!

We paid, left and got stuck in even worse traffic. So grateful Huffle drove. It was a nightmare. We got home around about 5:30pm and Moo had made dinner for us. Small still wasn't home. Cog's mum brought him home later saying they needed some time on Sunday for one last go through and a video.

Moo carried on with the jigsaw.

Drew gave us the jigsaw to do next Christmas but we couldn't wait. If we do it now, we might forget and do it again at Christmas too!

Small ate his dinner. I blogged and knitted and Smallest and Huffle watched a film.

Moo walked with Drew. Huffle put the boys to bed and read. I knitted and spoke to Mrs Royal about the Winter Carnival. Huffle and I are organising the games. So far we have decided on Egg and Spoon Race, Scavenger Hunt, Ping Pong Balls in jars and Pin the Carrot on the snowman. We have been given some,volunteers to use and they will be contacting us.

This week has been a good and productive week. We have a doctor. Hopefully Huffle gets his results once he has registered. Smallest has his antibiotics. Small is happy at school and taking part in a French play of Three Pigs. Court went well and I have NO POINTS On my CLEAN unblemished driving licence. I have a replacement phone and I didn't lose all our New York photos even though I didn't back up my old phone before I went to Apple. HURRAH.

Mrs Royal wants me to point out how wonderful the Canadian Judicial system is. Yep, it is. Yeehaaaaa.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good day, a good positive step forward. Esp pleased that Small is happy at school. You will certainly miss your "piece of furniture" when she goes home!! HB and I had a brilliant time in London, Covent Garden Monday, walk up The Mall into Trafalgar Square Tues am, Palace pm, presentation great, St James Palace rather sumptuous, Jersey Boys at night. Wed. Churchills war Cabinet rooms which were amazing, (grandad Yik would have loved it) then a little trip into the Supreme Court such fantastic architecture if a little opulent. Walk and a pancake along the Thames then home. Great way to celebrate HB's 4 years of hard work. We loved it.