Friday 28 November 2014

Catching Snowflakes

A cold day with snow flurries but none of it settled. Huffle worked from home and while I was away he put up the Christmas lights outside. We have always said that people here put up their stuff for Christmas too early, but in reality they do it because it is so cold and if you wait till mid-December, it is far too cold to be climbing ladders and fixing lights etc.

The boys went to school wearing coats (much to their disgust). I went to knitting but popped into the local shoe repairs on the way. My lovely Fat Face (UK) boots' zip pull broke and I wanted it repaired. The shoe man was strange and went through various things he could do with them, including sending them back to the shop they were from(!) and then turned round and said NO I WONT DO IT, I REFUSE, TAKE IT TO THE MALL AND GET THEM TO DO IT. strange! I was really annoyed but the ladies at knitting said it was a good job as he was not good and made a real mess of RudeTrudes expensive boots once. Phew! Off to the mall I go (next week).

I had a good knitting session and got quite a bit done. Suffolk and I went for lunch, visited a book shop and interrogated a man in the hardware shop to find a timer switch for the Christmas lights and a motion sensor light for our coat cupboard.

The snow flakes were really big and slow falling and the boys were trying to catch them and eat them

At home I had just enough time to get a Beef Stew out of the freezer, thawed and into the oven for Huffle and Smallest's tea and a pot of pasta on for Small's tea. When the boys got home, Small had his pasta and Smallest and I went off to swimming lessons. He did so well tonight, lots of lovely swimming and a beautiful dive where he swam along the bottom of the pool and beat his swimming friend who is five years older than him. He was very pleased though it said it hurt his ears. Smallest and I ate in front of the end of a film and the beginning of another.

Small and Huffle went to Scuba Diving with the Scouts. Small chose his flippers, snorkel and mask and in the shallow part of the pool, they learnt about the pool safety. Once he got his tank sorted, he learnt to breathe. They got to throw foam torpedoes and swim underwater. He loved it. Hopefully soon they will get to go again and get a certificate.

Smallest and I made Loom Bandz at bedtime. He was so sleepy he fell asleep instantly. Small and Huffle came home and we all watched I'm a Celebrity until Small's bedtime.

 

No comments: