Wednesday 12 November 2014

Pork Pie anyone?

What a difference a day makes (la la la la la isn't that a song?). Yesterday was so beautiful and bright and warm and today was grey and cold with a bit of snow that didn't even reach the ground! It got better later in the day but it was still cold.

I did my aerobics and got there and back on my bike (which was a mistake because my legs didn't want to function on the way home and part of the way I had to push it ha!). I did a few errands, one of them being to take a cheque in to the bank. "Can I pay a cheque in please?" was what I said. This does not translate into Candaian apparently. What I should have said was "Can I make a deposit". Okay I will try to remember next time. Yesterday I said "do you have any marzipan?" When I should have asked for Almond Paste! Dammit every year I forget that one! At aerobics I said Garage (phonetically garridge) instead of Gerraarrrjj and Calf (carf) instead of Caayyf.

Look what I found in the supermarket today! Smallest will be pleased.

I booked my car in for Winter Tyres to be put on and picked up some nice bread for lunch. Huffle and I had lunch after skyping Grandma and then I made dinner whilst watching The Choir (BBC Children in Need).

I popped to school early in order to pick up the Tuba (Small was supposed to have signed it out and got it ready for me). Tuba was not ready so we had to get Small to come to the office and Paddington's Dad (Music Teacher) to agree to let me take it. Of course, by the time we sorted it I was stuck in the car park with the school buses again but a bit of maneuvering and I got out before the kids came out of school.

Huffle spent over an hour trying to get our internet supplier to make our connection better as it is very 'in and out'. He got absolutely nowhere and there was much swearing and slamming of things. It hasn't been resolved and someone will be calling him tomorrow. There are only two internet providers for our Hamlet, the one we have and the one that is rubbish.

Small practised his tuba and then went and played at Bogie's house and Smallest went to Malcolm's house. Smallest got his homework back and got a 4+ (that's very good and he was very very pleased). Small got an excellent on his Language homework. Clever boys. We have mid term progress reports due home next week and then parent/teacher interviews after. It seems like they are doing well.

Smallest comes home most days with potatoes growing out of his fingernails (I don't know what he does. Digs in the dirt?) so he had a bath and Huffle set him up with Netflix to watch while he cleaned and soaked (spoilt!).

Huffle and I watched The Apprentice. We laugh at the start as Alan Sugar says "I want to see Big Butts". He actually says bucks but we laugh like silly children at the reference that he wants to see some big bottoms. Huffle especially likes Dan because he keeps doing a weird hand thing. We can't work out if he is doing a Catholic type cross but I think he's got a tick of some sort!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my style of cycling! thanks for tuba mail, lovely.