Tuesday 18 November 2014

Half my hair gone!

Three years ago today we left our lovely little Village house. Smallest and I went to Moo's and Small and Huffle went to Grandma and Grandads. We stayed in our temporary abodes for two days before finally coming here to Canada.

Through the night we had just a sprinkling of snow but it was very cold. Certainly minus but it made the driveway slippy. Small woke me and I was all confused. I didn't know what day it was and I had no idea what I was doing today. As I came out of the bedroom, Smallest was just passing and said "I've only just woken up too, shall we just get in my bed and have a cuddle?". What for I asked, is something wrong? "No, I just wnt a cuddle". How could I refuse? Bless him.

Our Sun Room windows

After the kids were packed off to school (Smallest in last years snow pants and gloves) I drove to Mrs Royals and then back again twice (because I forgot my sunglasses and chequebook and rather than walk the short space back and forth and risk slipping on the ice, I drove - how very Canadian).

The field from the Royals house

I drove us both to Brampton (an hour and a bit away) to get our hair cut by the lovely Smoothie. It was a good journey there and back and we had a really catch up as we haven't seen each other properly for ages. She told me about a lady who lives in our Hamlet (a bit further away than us) that had a bear in her garden at the bird feeders! I would love to see a bear in our garden and it would make a fabulous photo but also it might be a bit scary. I wonder if they are in the forest at the back???

Smoothie had lots of good news, new house, new man, getting married. I'm am very happy for her and she definitely deserves some serious happiness. When I left the house this morning my hair was way down my back (below my bra strap) and I asked her to cut it to my shoulders. It is shorter at the back than the front and I love it. She blowed it beautifully which I know I could never do. Smallest looked at me doubtfully when I told him I was having it all cut off.

I hate photos of me and I am rubbish at selfies but I won't be able to do my hair like this again!

When the boys came home, Smallest said I hadn't had it cut but Small noticed it was half gone. Huffle noticed and liked it.

Dinner was eaten, IPads played on, TV watched, tyres sold and homework done (not necessarily in that order).

Tonight we found out that not only has Smallest not found his new gloves but he took his Pokemon Book of cards into school and lost them too!!!!

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Fabulous hair!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Bet you're glad you're not in Buffalo now! Maybe it's penance for messing you around so much at the weekend, lol!

Hugs
Brenda