Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hello Old Friend

Huffle worked from home - he informs me he will be working from home three times a week from now on. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Huffle does quick little jobs in between work as a break to stretch his back and get away from the screen! As long as he stops putting my things away, while I am still using them, he can do what he likes.

I did my exercise class OUCH! When I came home, Huffle looked very shocked as he had just had a call from MrSnail to tell him the tractor was on the way back mended! He delivered it back, didn't charge us because we were so patient. The battery was low and he suggested we might want to buy a new one (a battery not a mower) in Spring. Huffle decided to cut the grass at lunch while it was working and managed to get most of it done (he had trouble with the wet leaves on the grass at the bottom). It is now put away and wrapped up warm for winter. See you again Old Friend in the Spring - you better work!

MrSnail moving ever so fast.

I had a quick shower and a cup of tea with Huffle and then drove to Oshawa (30 mins there and 30 mins back). There, I went to the sewing shop to check if I had missed my $10 quilting class, I hadn't. Then I went on to the foot place where I got Smallest's orthotics mended as the covering fell off.

Back home, Huffle had received our Residency papers. Now we just need to get our ESTA's to go across to America and decide where we will go (if anywhere, as apart from the other side of Niagara, it appears there is nothing unless we want to drive a long way).

I made two soups and some bread. Today I have had a bad cooking day. I broke one of my measuring cups. I dropped flour all over the floor and myself. I spilt the soup on the floor and down the white cupboards trying to blend it. The bread machine didn't mix the bread well so I had to make some rolls from scratch (but they were very yummy). The oven should have been at 200* to prove the dough but I put it on 400* instead (still worked though).

When the boys came home from school, one of Smallest's friends called him to play at his house so I took him and Small informed me he had lost his $375 orthotics. He didn't come home with them on Friday because he said he had left them in his indoor shoes. He didn't come home with them on Monday and when he didn't come home with them on Tuesday too, I asked him if he had lost them. NO DEFINATELY NOT! However, today he came home and said he HAD lost them. I took him to school to search his stuff and the lost property but we couldn't get in. There was a teachers meeting and they weren't answering the door. He said he will look properly tomorrow.

There was no Tuba home today as Paddington's Dad (music Teacher) told Small he was blowing too high! They are having a session tomorrow at lunchtime instead. Tonight the boys went off to a Scouts/Beavers Bonfire Night where they played games, watched fireworks and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs. Huffle and I stayed at home in the warm and celebrated it with a cup of Yorkshire tea (Guy Fawkes favourite).

 

No comments: