Wednesday 19 November 2014

Report Day

-7* with snow pretty much all day. It was cold too! Huffle worked at home and the boys went to school. I went to aerobics and I drove (of course). It was really cold in the exercise loft today but we soon warmed up. It was a good workout and I came home and showered, had a quick chat with Huffle who was perched on the stairs, with his laptop balanced on the washing basket, paint brushes and ladders waiting for him to paint the stairway at lunchtime in between telephone calls and email replying. I left him to it and went off to my dentist appointment.

I had a scale, clean, polish, X-ray and Cancer screen plus a good poke around my mouth. All good except for a small filling and a quick file of a tooth I chipped. All this to be done on Monday! BOOOOO!

Next I went to the foot place where I had left Smallest's orthotics to be made into full length ones and take the cover off so it didn't slip too much in his shoes. They had them ready for me so I didn't have to wait long. I did a quick food shop and then went and had a cup of tea with Suffolk and her friend.

When I came home it was snowing really hard and the roads were getting a bit slidey (not my favourite driving conditions at all, despit my winter tyres). I drove straight to school to pick up the Tuba which wasn't signed out again so I waited for the boys in the playground. Smallest came out with his lost gloves (hurrah) but still can't find his Pokemon cards and book (boo). He wanted to have a friend back but there was no room in the car and I didn't want to drive again in the snow. He decided to go on the bus and I waited for Small to get the Tuba. We drove home together. As soon as we got home and emptied the car of musical intruments, shopping, feet inserts and dental samples, the phone rang. It was Smallest's friend wanting him to go and play which meant I had to drive again to take him there. Arrrggghhhh.

Small practised his tuba and piano and helped me put away the shopping while I made dinner. Huffle had done a fabulous job on the stairs and now we just need to decide what colour we are painting as he has just done the final undercoat (which does look lovely but it won't last because it is not wipeable). I looked up lots of ideas in Pinterest until Huffle thought I was getting carried away. He picked up Smallest for me and we all had dinner. I made my lovely Leek and Cheese Sausages (no meat) for me.

The boys brought their reports home today and we are very happy with both. (Grandad can they have some wine gums?). Small got 3 excellent and 3 goods on his learning skills and work habits, is progressing well in language, science and technology, social studies, health, phys Ed, drama, music and visual arts. He is Progressing Very well in French and Maths.

Smallest got 5 goods and 1 satisfactory (for organisation, not surprised at all!) for his learning skills and work habits. He got progressing very well for language, Maths and Music and progressing well for science, social studies, health, PE, Drama and Visual Arts.

We get to see the teachers properly about their reports and work on Friday morning but we certainly do not have any concerns with either of them. (Apart from that Smallest definitely needs to get more organised and stop forgetting things - anyone got any ideas on how to make him tidier, organised and not so forgetful?)

Huffle soaked in the bath, Smallest and I played Cracassonne and Small watched TV before bed.

 

1 comment:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Forgetting things and losing things is just like his Auntie! Perhaps a family trait? Lovely to see all that snow but am sure practically it must be a challenge. Great to hear the boys are doing so well at school. I can't believe Master Rumbleskins starts school next year!