Sunday 30 November 2014

Birds and ET Combined

I think this was from last night. I'd like to say they were cuddling but I think they were fighting!

Huffle and Smallest had to get up early this morning in order to get Smallest ready for delivering presents to the disadvantaged. Small and I had a lie-in. I actually needed the lie-in because Smallest was in our room at 3:30am because he had a nightmare about being frozen to death. He was very upset and actually very warm. He lay very close to me and his big messy hair tickled my face. He also poked Huffle with his feet and made him jump. After telling him nice things to think about and us both laughing about Huffle snoring, he went back to his own bed.

While Smallest was delivering presents, Small, Huffle and I played a new game called Agricola. It was very complicated but really good. After we had whiled away the morning and Smallest came back from Tim Hortons having eaten a breakfast bun and a Christmas doughnut, we all went out for dinner.

Sharing an ice cream

We took Monopoly Deal with us and played a game whilst waiting for our dinner. After dinner we went to the Tire to get a Christmas present for Huffle but they had run out. Today we learnt what a 'Rain Check' was. Because they had sold out and the item we wanted was on sale, they gave Huffle a ticket with the item number on it. We can now buy this item at any time, from any location for the sale price. That is a rain check. Clever!

We went to another shop to stock up on chocolate/sweets and gifts for our homemade advent calendar while the boys played on the gadgets and then we came home. On the way we noticed many many many birds on a wire - we think they were those birds that fly in huge flocks and make weird shapes in the sky.

On the road to our house, there was a huge Combine Harvester and a lorry blocking the road. The combine had just cut the field and was emptying the contents into a lorry. We sat and watched for a while as we couldn't move anywhere.

At home we had a Christmas delivery and Skyped Grandma and Grandad to find out whose package was who's. Today Grandma was being very silly and pretending to be ET (or a new wife for Grandad).

Because the boys were caught fighting yesterday and Small has scratch marks on his arm and Smallest was kicked, we gave the boys chores in order to make them think about fighting in the future. Small's was to empty the dryer and fold the dry towels and then empty the washer contents into the dryer and Smallest had to clear the stairs (the bottom of the stairs is where everything gets placed when it needs putting away upstairs somewhere).

The boys have both been worried by dreams and nightmares recently. I have tried to reassure them as I know myself all about bad dreams. I was plagued by them for most of my childhood and plenty in adulthood too. I left them this evening with lots of happy memories and thoughts.

Huffle and I are both suffering with sore throats and I made a concoction of fresh ginger, lemon and honey for us to drink this evening.

 

No comments: