Monday 22 December 2014

2nd hand pants?

We've had some lovely cards this year - I see a theme
TR: this card has been up cycled from previous years form the kids.

This is a lovely handmade one from Aunty Brenda in Michigan (very clever).

Today the boys decided they wanted to go shopping to buy us grown ups Christmas presents, which is a lovely idea as they wanted to use their own money. However, they wanted to shop in Value Village. A big second hand shop where some of the things are a bit dirty and unwashed.

As we were getting into the car, Smallest slipped and had a bad fall onto one of his wrists/arm. He was crying very loudly and I ran out and helped him up. He was inconsolable and holding his wrist. Small got him the ice pack (though I could have held him in the snow I guess though it seemed a bit cruel) and we applied it to his wrist. We carried on our journey though Smallest was very upset all the way. Huffle and I feared a trip to Emergency was on the cards but after I applied my scarf as a makeshift sling, he started to perk up a little. It didn't swell and there was no obvious signs of damage.

Moo and Small went off in one direction, Huffle in another and Snallest and I tagged along behind. It's a big enough shop that you can lose one another so we didn't see what each other was buying. I can't tell you any of the things we did buy as I don't want to spoil the surprises but it will say that Smallest wanted to buy Moo a small bowl which had a man and a woman sitting in drinking, a red cow from Switzerland and a lovely trio of angels sitting around a candle holder. When we searched for something for Huffle the Boys looked at jumpers (he never wears jumpers, caps, shirts and pants, yes underpants). I intervened and guided them towards things that didn't need to be washed. The boys got a fabulous pair of Nerf Guns for each other (though Smallest doesn't know yet).

We finally made it away and back into the car where we went into the Snowboard shop to look for some stickers for Huffle's board but we didn't like any of them. So we went for dinner instead and then came home after getting some very cheap petrol. The prices here have gone right down to 91.6c (60p).

At home we wrapped the presents, played Guess Who and Monopoly Deal Millionaire before embarking on the Christmas Cake decorating. The boys and I made stuff for the top. Huffle rolled out the very hard and cold marzipan and Moo made the Royal Icing and supervised our makings. It took a a while but I think we made a nice job in the end.

The boys played on their Ds's, Huffle watched Stoke lose and Moo and I jigsawed.

Last year, Aunty A sent me lots of Christmas Tree photos from around London UK but this year she said she wouldn't do it. However she did send me this lovely knItted tree in Spittlefields. Love It!

 

No comments: