Tuesday 2 December 2014

Lots of doings

Huffle worked from home and had many many calls. The boys went to school, one of them was very grumpy and the other very chatty. Today was cold. -7 but felt like -14. Huffle and I went out for a walk at lunchtime and the wind was biting! We had a few snow flurries but nothing settled.

I had a day at home where I made a hearty soup and bread for dinner, Choclate crackle cookies (as requested by Small) and some banana bread for the freezer and for lunches. That took me all morning and after lunch and our walk, I made a start on wrapping some Christmas presents. Yes, the 2nd day of December and already wrapping. Only because I am running out of hiding places and using Moo's bed, under the quilt, will be no good as she will be here soon.

At least I know what presents we have now (as I have been shipping for months now, just picking up things here and there).

When the boys came home they did homework, practised piano and did a bit more arguing. We had dinner earlier than normal as it was cold and we needed hot soup. After dinner we all played on the Ipads and watched TV.

 

 

4 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Ooo you've just reminded me about chocolate crackle cookies I must make some - even if I can't eat them 😞

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I must start paying attention to your school lunches. Master Rumbleskins starts school in the new year and I will have to send him with a packed lunch every day. Do they do packed lunches in Canada or is it like the UK with school 'dinners'?

famfa said...

Shame you can't eat them - delish xx

famfa said...

Our school is tiny so definitely lunches here. No peanuts, no egg, no kiwi - allergies!! I always do a sandwich, yoghurt (with a freezer block), fruit and something nice. They have snacks throughout the day so we have to make sure there is plenty xxx