Wednesday 10 December 2014

Moo and snow arrives

All the boys left me for the day today. I went to aerobics and it was -3 but felt like -13 Brrrrrrrrr.

Don No Quotey seems to be breeding old cars!

I made a soup, a bread and muffins ready for dinner, had lunch, showered and watched a couple of Don't Tell the Brides.

Mid afternoon I set out to the airport to fetch Moo. The traffic was horrendous. Apparently there were weather reports saying that a huge snow storm was approaching so everyone was trying to get home early.

For the first time ever, Moo got straight through customs and her bags were waiting. She actually got there before me. Whoops. I had the cheapest car park ticket as we came straight out. On the way home we took the 407 which was much better, still lots of traffic but moving very well (that's because it's a toll road).

Back home, lots of hugs and then Moo opened her bags. WOW. We got a lot of stuff. Lots of biscuits, beans, my favourite coffee, Yorkshire tea, lemon curd, tons of chocolate bars, my Mollie Makes magazines and a Sainsburys magazine, Lego magazines, clubs, penguins, wagon wheels, taxis, after eights.............. Our supplies box is now full again.

After dinner Small had a Wagon Wheel and Smallest had a Club Gold. We put all our stash away and played.

........and there was more.

Moo put the kids to bed and read to them and when they were all tucked up, Moo, Huffle and I watched I'm a Celebrity Coming Out Party and The Apprentice.

When we looked at the weather report, there was a huge band of snow coming. It said it would arrive in 81 minutes. Very precise, however it was late and at the time of writing this, it never appeared.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness, what a big stash, plus our pressies. Did she have room for clothes?

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh we have a neighbour with a stack of old cars too. Very annyoing though because he parks them on the street and doesnt leave room for everyone else's cars.