Friday 12 December 2014

Excuse me, what's on your arm?

No more snow overnight and none in the day either so no extra shovelling needed. Though I did buy a new shovel (have no fear we will be needing it again soon!). The school bus was running today so no problems with the boys getting to school. Huffle worked form home but because Moo and I went out today, he had full range of the house and peace.

We went to knitting after playing a bit of our scrabble game with breakfast. Knitting was full, and I managed to undo plenty of my knitting several times. Moo and I went for lunch and had a lovely Carrot, Apple and Parsnip soup. We looked for a secondhand shop but couldn't find it (I'm looking for an old desk for Small so we can give his old one to Smallest), so we went to swimming and picked up Smallest's lost swimming kit and towel and booked him in for lessons starting in January. We have had to put him in Level 10 again (even though he has already done it) as he cant do his next lifesaving level until he is nearly 12. It will keep his endurance and technique up though (plus Moo will be happy to sew more badges on ha ha).

Next we did a bit of shopping and went to the LCBO for Christmas alcohol. We visited California, Australia, Italy and Canada for our wine and then bought a nice big bottle of Baileys. Ahhhh now it's properly Christmas. We came home in time for the boys getting back and put the shopping away. The kids played outside on the front building a fort and Moo and I carried on with our scrabble game.

Moo bought this outdoor snowman for our garden. In the shop, we opened the box to look at it and I put the stand over my arm (unknowingly). We moaned because the photo had a stand and we couldn't find one in the box. Then when we put it all away I suddenly realised I had it over my arm. Imagine if I had walked out of the shop with it!!! Moo and I thought this was hilarious but it doesn't sound that funny now.

After dinner the boys played piano for Moo and played on the IPAds and the big un's started a card game.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the snowman, can she bring one back for me in the empty siitcase??