Thursday 4 December 2014

Where are Paddington's legs?

-3 today with no snow but it was cold. Boys went to school, Huffle worked from home and I went off to buy baking ingredients. I offered to make a birthday cake for Suffolk's youngest. I haven't made cakes for other people since we have been here and I was quite excited to make one. I went into two different shops to get what I wanted and then came home and made a start on the decoration part. The birthday girl is having a Pyjama Party and Her Mum wanted me to out some of her favourite sleeping toys on it so I am going to make a bed.

I am planning to put these in the bed so they don't need the rest of their bodies

I had a good morning making the toys, blanket and embellishments for the top of the cake. Huffle and I had a very quick lunch as he had many calls to make again. I Skyped Moo to let her know what clothes she had stashed in her box under the bed. I think there was mor under there than she thought.

I carried on making bits for the cake but didn't want to make the cake itself as we were supposed to have the Gas man come to install our Cooker Hood. He didn't come - arrrgggghhhh. The party isn't until Saturday so I still have time.

My forest walk was cancelled so Huffle and I went out and cleared the drive of snow (there wasn't a lot but it was starting to get icy underneath).

The boys came home, homework was done, clothes put away and piano practiced on. Both are practising Christmas songs and are supposed to be practising singing Christmas songs for next Monday. It's so Christmassy in our house (No tree yet though).

Our advent calendar has had notes in from Papa Elf asking the kids to do a chore each which Small ignored and another one from Papa Elf saying that he was disappointed that they ignored him. They had a note saying that Moo had got them a massive present too.

The boys are driving us crazy at the moment. I don't know if it's tiredness because it's nearly the end of term, excitedness because of Christmas or not feeling 100% but I do know I am ready to put one up for adoption. They fight constantly, they don't talk to each very nicely, they wind each other up. Now Smallest is constantly questioning me on why I say one thing to one and not the other - HEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Calvary arrives soon doesn't she? Sounds like she needs her referee's whistle! I imagine it's a combination of all things for the boys, only 20 days to go! x