Wednesday 17 December 2014

Concert Party

Just after breakfast, Small informed me that he needed black shoes, black top and a Christmas hat for his concert this evening and then Smallest said he needed 'beachwear' for tonight. Oh goody, I love it when I get lots of notice. We fitted Smallest out with sunglasses, cap and a summer shirt and Small found his black stuff. As we got to the front door to leave for school, Smallest said "did I tell you I had a pot luck today and I needed food?" WHAT? "Only joking". The little Bu663r.

Huffle worked from home getting angrier and angrier as he was being asked to work during his scheduled Christmas Holidays. Moo and I went off to aerobics. It was a fun but hard workout. Afterwards ExerciseNic gave me some lovely cookies decorated by her kids and a tree ornament and she didn't charge Moo for her workout as it was her Christmas present to Moo. One of the other ladies gave me a Snowman ornament with a candle in and she said she was knitting me a Yoga Mat cover but that I would be getting it late because she had to order the exact colour of my yoga mat. Aahh bless.

Moo and I came home, showered and went out again (dried and with clothes on) in order to get some more Christmas Shopping. We started at the Thrifty shop and purchased a jigsaw and then to the Consignment Shop where we bought nothing. We stopped for lunch at a cafe in town and then went off to the Strip Mall where we went into four shops (one of them twice) for various bits and bobs.

We got home just after the boys got home and unpacked the car and his everything away. We need to get some serious wrapping done tomorrow.

Small's secret Santa went well and he came home with an indoor basketball net and ball and a Crispy Rice Christmas Tree Kit. Small bought for Cog (who loved his present) and Cog bought for Small. Smallest did his computer work and Smallest played on the computer. The kids had a quick dinner and we were out of the door by 5:45 for the Christmas Concert. As we left it started snowing.

The place was absolutely packed but we managed to get a seat on the second row (not the front row because that was reserved for people who won the bid at the SpringFest - well we know what to bid on next year).

It was the best concert we have been to so far. They had a new Jazz band this year and it was really good. There was also the usual band plus the choir and lots of cheesey jokes which most people really guffawed at. Small sang in French with his class and Smallest sang lots of songs (in a Canadian accent. He asked later how I could tell. I could tell from the way his mouth formed the words. More English lessons for him tomorrow). The boys did wonderfully.


Yo Dude!

An hour and ten minutes later and we came away. It had snowed some more and was still snowing and starting to settle a bit. Smallest went straight to bed and Small watched a bit of TV before bed. Moo, Huffle and I finally got some dinner and watched The Apprentice. Boozers, Schmoozers and Losers. Huffle edit - does lord sugar still like big butts? (Listen to the opening credits)

 

 

 

 

No comments: