Tuesday 9 December 2014

Wax on Wax off

Huffle had to get up extra extra early this morning in order to catch a train to Toronto and then on to Burlington. I vaguely remember him getting up but I fell asleep again (with no alarm to wake me - Small has always been my alarm but just recently he hasn't been waking either). At 7:30am exactly I woke up and shot out of bed and was just getting my dressing gown off the back of the door when it was opened by Small. We both scared each other. We woke Snallest up and the morning routine got underway.

The boys have been watching too much Karate Kid. Every morning they stand facing each other, bow and then start play fighting.

Once the boys went to school I had breakfast and showered and cleared away and tidied. Then I spent the morning knitting (finishing three Christmas projects and starting a new one). I managed to get some washing, drying and sorting of washing and dinner made all before the kids came home.

They both had homework and were raving about the band that came into their school today. They have both decided they want to go to The High School as the band was cool and they have a really good Art Department. Wow, Grade 6 and 2 and they are deciding where they will go when they are in grade 9. I wonder where it is?

The boys and I played a game together on the IPads and Smallest won. When Huffle got home we all ate dinner and then all four of us played a game.

Smallest went to bed listening to Harry Potter and Small watched TV until his bed time where we made an Elf hat and updated a tee-shirt. At school, Small is called Elfie which he hates but he allows people to call him it only in December. He has a friend who he calls SumoSanta. On the last day of school, Small will dress as an Elf and his friend as Santa. Small has a tee-shirt that says "I take an awesome Selfie" so we covered up the take and the S of selfie and added a line. It now reads I am Awesome Elfie. We just need to make him some pointy ears now.

Today Smallest came up to me and said "is there something specific you would like for Christmas Mummy?" Then he asked Small. The pair of them whispered together for a bit and then told me they had something in in mind for me that they could put their money together to buy (then Small asked if he had to pay for any presents they bought as he thinks it might get expensive). They asked if I could take them to Value Village (the thrifty shop, I saw them looking at the jewellery when we went in at the weekend).

 

No comments: