Friday 9 March 2012

Ankle Albert and Winky Woo

It was PA day today so the boys were off from school. Most of the morning was spent jigsawing (well Aunty A and I were).

 

There was a piece missing. How annoying is that? I did buy it from a thrifty shop ages ago but even so, the box said COMPLETE. I'm hoping that I find it under the sofa or stuck to the bottom of a slipper! (By the way, this is the jigsaw that Moo started in mid January).

The boys were playing on the IPad, Lego building, dressing up. They had baths/showers, and by about 11:30 we decided to go for a walk to the Forest.

It had snowed most of the morning, slowly and steadily and started to settle.

The forest was lovely as usual. The snow had settled but underneath the snow was ice. It was quite treacherous. As Aunty A had already had one accident, we decided not to walk too far and started to walk back.

We were the first ones here so we were making fish tracks in the snow.

Icicles under a tree trunk, lovely.

Trip, trap, trip, trap, who's that walking over my bridge?

Us on the bridge.

Stream - the kids were playing snow sticks on the bridge. (like pooh sticks but using snow that wasn't anything like sticks just snow shaped)

I thought this tree looked liked it had teeth!

"don't take a picture of me!". "wha' ya doin'?"

Beautiful Shadows when the sun came out.

This was our new route. It was lovely. Deep snow, windy paths (twisty not trumpy), lots of trees (we were in a forest). We found some tree stumps and sat on them for a cold picnic.

lovely tree

Wow - the trees and the sky.

I liked this tree

Small fell over which was very reminiscent of a 'fall' he did when he was 3 in Bradgate Park.

We climbed and climbed and climbed until we reached the sky and were almost as tall as the trees. We think we saw Lake Ontario.

Right at the top, we found a bench. Perfect place for a picnic but we had already eaten it. It was a bit windy (blowy not twisty).

Some of the snow had melted up there and it was muddy in parts. It was quite steep on the way down and I slipped over (quite spectacularly). Then I rolled over, luckily my backpack holding the crisps stopped me rolling any further. However, the crisps were squashed!

Not very flattering but Huffle didn't think I would post it, so I had to!!!

The boys walked on ahead and went the wrong way. Small came back but Smallest got stuck so Small went and got him and they held hands on the way back. Ahhhh, they DO love each other.

Bless

Love these trees all in huggling together.

The boys loved the trees too, but they wanted me to take a photo of them and not another tree! We had a really good walk. We followed some 'bear tracks' and when we got to the car park a woman was putting a big black dog into her car. Small asked if she was putting the bear into her car and he was quite concerned that she shouldn't take bears from the wild! It was getting colder by the time we got back to the car.

Aunty A became a pirate - ahhhhhhhhhh.

Smallest is not 100% at the moment. Poor little bear. We are off to Downtown Toronto tomorrow and he doesn't want to climb the CN Tower.

We had a Skype call from Grandma and we were very pleased to hear that Uncle Dermott is continuing his wonderful recovery.

Yesterday I mentioned about the Queen visiting our old town in the UK. Well I also skyped LizzieDotDot and she tells me that her son got to shake hands with Kate and 'she's really fit!'. How cool. LizzieDotdot and Moo went for a coffee together today and bumped into my old next door neighbours who live in Scotland now not the local Leicestershire town they were in today. So Hello to CogCog and Hairy.

 

No comments: