Friday 23 March 2012

Rose Tinted Glasses and Chores.

Last night Huffle and I watched a 'storage wars' which was introduced to us by Mr Gator when we went to Florida this year. Anyway, one of the things that was found was Rose Tinted Chicken Glasses. They were made to put on chickens because when chickens see blood, they attack each other. The glasses stopped this happening. This was the funniest thing I have seen for ages.

This is real.


It rained all through the night and was only 12* when I got up. I thought I had the day to myself today, and was planning on finishing Small's room. I checked the calendar and realised that Smallest wasn't at school. So I set him to work, helping to put his clothes away, collect bins to be emptied, wiping down surfaces on the bathroom. He was playing on the computer and every now and then I would shout "okay, ready for work?". He was very helpful.

We went out to get some supplies and visit another pharmacist. These bites are driving me round the bend. I want to scratch my skin off, they are so bad. I have washed them and reapplied my cream (not that it makes the slightest difference). At least with the cooler weather I can cover them up and I am less likely to scratch them. The pharmacist was less than helpful. He suggested some oral anti histamine that they didn't have so I walked away. When I got home they were so bad I had to scratch. But I had some allergy relief tablets so I took one of those, eventually it helped a bit. My ankle is now the size of a Gala Melon which is slightly better than the watermelon it was earlier today!

Smallest and I came home and we had lunch and watched Nanny McPhee (small c big P). I can't write on here what Smallest used to call her by mistake! It was funny though when he shouted it really loud in busy places.

I started making Turkey Burgers for tomorrow and when Small came home from school, he made flapjack. Smallest wanted to help too so he made them into chocolate ones!

They wanted to go on the computer so I set them jobs to earn the computer. Small loaded the dryer (his comment was "this is really hard work Mummy, it's making my arms ache", well think about me who has to do it nearly everyday becuase you stinkers get through so many clothes. When Small was putting his clothes away the morning he said "there's too many, I can't put them ALL away". And I mentioned they were his clothes and he was the one who got them dirty. He replied with "well you are the one who buys them all!". Umm good response!

Smallest emptied the shopping bags and decided he wanted to fill the cornflakes container up. I tried to help him but he insisted he could do it on his own (oh yes, just like the time he grated his thumb!!). I knew it was a mistake but sometimes you've just got to stand back and let it happen...........

Small tried to eat the cornflakes off the floor and to Smallest's horror, he shouted "it's been longer than five seconds Small! NO!". The rule in our house is if it falls on the floor (a clean one, not outside) then as long as you pick it up in five seconds, it's okay! Oh god, that sounds awful written down, oh well, I said it now. Sure we are not alone. Overclean, germ free homes only make for more allergies later in life I believe!

The boys went off and played on the computer (well earned) while I put their dinner on. They watched a strange Gruffalo video on the IPad while they ate. They couldn't stop giggling.

Huffle came home and helped with dinner, and listened to what they boys had done today.

....and because poor Huffle doesn't feature much on this blog, here he is........

Helloooooooo! This is me, Huffle.


 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got me confused date still says Thursday, nearly had to go to work instead of a lazy weekend day! Suggest u take anti hist tablets daily til itching dies down that's what I do with my eyes. Agree about clean houses and germs when u have children the adage that's it's like sweeping the drive when it's still snowing holds good cos once u finished one area they hv messed up the other.!! Have a good day. Aunt pear x

famfa said...

Sorry, changed date. Don't know what happened there! Thanks for advice, will keep,taking anti hist