Saturday 31 March 2012

Party Preparations

The boys got up early and thumped around the house waking the whole Hamlet! Huffle slept on. I got up and cleared the debris from the night before. I helped Smallest make his new Bionicle.

He came home from school with 'Henry' yesterday so after a Croissant breakfast (birthday tradition) we set about writing on the book, playing the games, reading the books and taking photos of Henry doing different things.

Smallest did the alphabet (eventually) and then spelt his name - Henry looks on

Smallest opened some more presents and was especially delighted when he opened a remotecomertroll (his words) remote control car. We all got washed and dressed and played on the drive with the car and then he drove it to The Royals so they could see it.

Look at that concentration

We had a game of hockey and played with the Nerf Guns. We had Skype calls from Grandma, Moo and HB and Aunt Pear. Aren't we popular? (or maybe Smallest is!).

What a funny face! Sorry Moo, I know you won't like it but the screen froze for ages like this and Huffle made me take a photo. Moo stayed with us for ages on Skype this afternoon. Small played face games with her and Huffle and her were target practice for the boys with their guns.

Huffle and I cut a piece of the piñata out and stuffed it with candy and toys, taped it up, stuck the two bits together, painted it blue and added eyes. Finally added tissue paper to finish it off.

Sitting on the front porch in the sunshine finishing off Cookie Monster
I think I preferred it without the tissue paper

We sat for too long in the same position and both got Pins and needles in our legs, Huffle is trying to carry the piñata inside but I kept making his legs fizz by tapping them and he was laughing. He can't laugh and carry things at the same time (strange man) and he was threatening to bite me if I didn't stop. Silly billy.

Huffle and I also made the Elmo cake. It was hard work as we didn't really have enough red fondant but we managed in the end and I think we made a pretty good job of it.

We had take away pizza because it got to 4pm and no-one had eaten since breakfast. Huffle and I managed a few peaceful minutes on the front porch in the last of the sunshine. The boys argued loads, I could hear "I hate you" & "well I hate you" coming from the basement. One broke the Lego, one lost a Nerf bullet, someone got punched so the other one punched him back. I had to go downstairs and mend some Lego and build a Bionicle. Smallest watched his new Bee Movie and Small watched the wrestling.

Huffle made some plain scones and some flapjack while I decorated some tiny fairy cakes. A very tiring day.

As I put Smallest to bed this evening and read him a story, he turned to me and said "I love you, now I want my party to be really good tomorrow okay?"

Right then - I've had my orders!!!!

 

 

2 comments:

hayleysg said...

Good luck with the party especially pass the parcel. Elmo rocks , save us a piece he looks great. Nice to chat to u and huffle last night, very interesting chat ! From Aunt pear on hb's iPad.

Clare said...

Belated Birthday Wishes Smallest!

What a fab cake, hope you have a super-duper party.

Jumbleberries xx