Wednesday 21 March 2012

Shadow Boxing

The boys went off to school this morning wearing shorts! In March! When we should be shovelling snow! I ran after them trying to put sun cream on their English skin. Small escaped without any (tut tut) but I managed to smear Smallest with enough to just cover him and he was rubbing it in frantically whilst climbing on the school bus.

I went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with a worse one. I can hear my Mum, Moo saying "did you take any paracetamol?" No Moo I didn't. (BTW, No paracetamol here, just acetaminophen - and the only reason I know how to spell that is because the IPad did it for me!). However I did take some today and again before I went to bed as I still have it!!!!!

I had a lovely start to the day. Beautiful sunshine again. 23*. As my head hurt, and I probably had too much sun yesterday, I decided to do some more painting in Small's room. This time a grey colour 'shadow box'. I moved everything into the middle of his room, and with a paintbrush went around the skirting boards, around the plugs and switches, door frames and ceiling. Three walls - it took some doing.

I had a break, sat in the sun room (my new name for the three seasons room - what do you think?) where it was nice and cool, drank my coffee and read my book. When I thought the paint was dry I started rolling the in between bits. Ouch, my arms. I had the radio on loud and was trying to roller to the music and exercise my legs at the same time. I had all the windows open so if anyone could see me, they probably thought I was a crazy lady!! I only did one coat as it was quite smelly and I didn't think I would get another coat done in time if I let it dry properly.

I had a Skype call from Grandma who told me she had been shopping with Moo. Then I Skyped Moo and told her I knew all about her shopping trip with Grandma.

I stopped for lunch and had a Skype call from Yahoo. She made me laugh lots. It was nice to have lunch with her. She said she couldn't believe I had over 10,000 views. We discussed what I could do to make people comment more. Just so that I know who is reading this. Just for them to say Hello. She thinks I should reply to people who comment, so I may try it. However, I can't reply if people don't comment. So how about you (yes you, reading this right now) leave a comment, say hi and I will reply to you, just to see if it works. Thank you in advance.

Small's room was put back in place, paint brushes, rollers and tray all cleaned. Dishwasher put on, I put a brush through my hair and put my trainers and a cap on (I already had the rest of my clothes on, I don't want you to think I go out with just a cap and trainers on) and armed with my camera I set off walking for 40 minutes.

I walked around the Hamlet, looking at the houses,and the gardens. Plants are poking though the soil and trees are starting to get buds. Lovely.

Some of the photos I took, just because I wanted to................

I got home, sat on the front porch and waited for Smallest to come home. He got off the bus saying he had been bitten by a Mosquito and it went black but now it's gone. (wow I wish my mosquito bites disappeared that quickly!!).

He had a quick scoot around and then we got went back to school to watch Small doing his last Tae Kwon Do Class. There were lots of Kia's and kicking and bowing. He told them at the end that they must hug their parents more. Not just on mothers day or fathers day but everyday. They must hug their brothers and sisters (me and Smallest chuckled at that one). NO WAY!

One of the Mum's of their friends, who live four houses away, asked if my boys would like to scoot with her kids? She said they had a long drive that they could scoot on and I could leave them with her if I liked. Oh yes! I did like! I managed to get sun cream on them properly this time, and walked the to their friends' house, chatted to their mum and left them there for about half and hour while I made their dinner and had a quick tidy up.

The end of their garden (which is foresty) runs along the bottom of our garden so the kids were talking about how they could meet in the middle sometimes. Useful.

I picked them up and they scooted home whilst I ran. Huffle came home just as we got there. He has stiff muscles from yesterday's football.

We sat with the kids while they had their dinner and told us about their day. Smallest had a few tantrums again. He wanted his Daddy to play table football with him but he was making dinner so I played instead. No problem. Until I started winning, then he stamped his feet and said he wanted Daddy to play, not me!! Neither of us played then while we waited for him to calm down. Then he had a tantrum about the fact that it was nearly bedtime. He tried to do some drawing but got all upset about something else. He eventually calmed down and went to bed. I told him that five year old don't have tantrums (yeah right!) and he said "I'm not five!" he will be in nine days time. He is going to have to do a lot of changing. Whenever we say "it's time you could do that" or "you have to stop doing that" he always says "I will, when I'm five!!"

Oh and he says now that I have finished Small's room (I haven't, I still have another coat to do) I can paint his orange, orange, orange, orange (that's all four walls then!). No, I told him he could have a nice calming blue - "okay then, Dark Blue" he says. How about a pale blue or green? "No, Orange then!" he says!

 

 

9 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ah the joys of little boys.

I know what you mean about people visiting and not commenting. Suddenly in the last two months on my doll blog I have been getting tons of visits...I'm up to 11,520 today. Who are these people??? Anyway, my blogoversary on there is in 54 days so I'm thinking I'll have a giveaway. Maybe that will bring them out of their shells...LOL One blogger I know uses http://statcounter.com/. It's free and according to her it will tell you everything you wish to know. I'm not sure if I really care that much to know someones IP address or whether they are blogging from work or home etc:)

Anonymous said...

Do you think the paint is giving you a headache? Everett Xx

famfa said...

It could be dr. Everett. It's gone now thank goodness. Today it's the mossies! X

Anonymous said...

How come you've got all that sun and we haven't? There must be something blocking it out that wasn't there before... I wonder what that could be??...xxx

famfa said...

Could it be my enormous bottom?

mrs gator said...

Hi Sam!

famfa said...

Hi mrs gator, thanks for commenting x

Anonymous said...

Hello Famfa, Huffle, Small and Smallest

From Yahoo, Jim Bob, Bear and Magot

Xx

famfa said...

Hi poTators? Glad it's working x