Thursday 22 March 2012

Bites, Bannister, Bag & Beach

All day yesterday I kept the Mosquitos off me. Then this morning I woke up and had five bites. Did they bite me in the day but I only just found them this morning? Or are they living in my bed? Urghhhhh what a thought! I have used my anti histamine cream but it does nothing. They itch like crazy and my ankle, where I have three, has swollen up.

The weather is a scorcher again with temperatures at 26*. This is ridiculous. I hear the temperature is going down at the weekend. Thank goodness. Still time to get working to fit into my shorts!

Smallest and I watched Small go off this morning in his shorts. He had to wait for ages on the drive. It's because it doesn't take quite so long as before to get ready. I always shout them at 8:45 for the bus coming at 8:52 (precisely). To get snow pants, boots, hats etc on took ages, but just to pick up bag, cap and put on trainers takes no time at all.

We had a slow morning, drawing, colouring, getting clean (us not the house). Smallest and I made a picture for Grandma and Grandad. I asked him if it was for the airport to welcome them, and he said "yes, you can hold the bannister and I will hold the picture if daddy is at work and Small is at school". It took me a while to work out that he meant I would hold the banner!

I can't show this picture so I am teasing you with a snippet

Then we got ready and walked to the library.

Look at the lovely stuff poking through

On the agenda today was library, sticky cheese, ice cream, park. However it was too warm for the park. We dropped off our books, picked up some new ones, coloured in, had a chat with the lovely librarian and then walked over to the cafe for Smallest's usual of grilled cheese sandwich and apple juice. When we got in there Smallest was unhappy to find our normal table had other people sitting at it. So we sat at a different one until they left and then we had to move! Creature of habit is my Smallest! (did that sound a bit like yoda?).

After the cafe we went across to the local shop, smallest had a fruity lollipop while I sorted out my parcels to send. Three parcels, two to the UK and one to Oz (giveaways from my other blog). $25! He showed me the different prices, one of them was $35. They aren't big and they weigh hardly anything. Does the Queen carry the parcel on her crown? And it took about an hour as well. The shop was really busy and only one person serving in there and he had to keep going and sorting them out. Smallest wanted to know why it took so long, maybe I will go to the Post Office next time.

Look Grandma, I used my new bag today and the lady at the library said "what a cute little purse". Thank you for my Christmas present. Now I don't have to carry around gloves, hat etc, I can use it more.

This picture is a weird angle because I asked Smallest to take a picture of me with the bag and he said "I can't, I'm eating a lollipop and scooting!". That told me!

We bumped into the Royal's son (who incidentally is now Smallest's best friend as he knows how to spell his name!), I'm sure he will be very pleased having a four year old as his friend (as he is in his thirties!). We walked and scooted home. Then we got the bikes out. Smallest rode his while I rode Small's scooter (shhh don't tell him - he keeps telling me you have to be under 65kg - well I don't do kilograms so that's fine then!!!!). I was going to ride Huffle's bike but the tyres were flat and I couldn't find the pump.

HB skyped me. I had to move from the garden into the Sun Room (did I mention that was my new name for the three seasons?). And then I had to show her Small's room painted, so I ended up laying on on his bed chatting to her. It was lovely, really cool with the windows open, looking at the newly painted walls and chatting to the lovely HB. She was telling me she broke her phone when it just flew into the air.......... (sounds like one of Smallest's stories!!!!!

Huffle came home. The boys were attempting to eat their dinner at the same time as impersonating me and Huffle! Ummmm interesting. Smallest did a lot of telling off as me and Small had a very deep voice as Huffle. I made a pink paella this evening. It had beetroot in it. Nice.

Huffle was reading the online Telegraph and came across a lovely picture of a deck chair on a deserted beach. I was just going to copy it onto the blog when the picture changed to this.

Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day of the year in the UK. I can tell you that this beach scene IS NOT one of the things we miss about England. This is a picture of Brighton, no sand, just stones. Nice town but sitting on that beach with ALL those people? No thank you.

 

NOTE: Huffle would like me to mention that he has caught Mouse No4. Our experiment shows that mice prefer chocolate to gummy bear but are quite happy to chew a gummy after all the chocolate is gone. We could do with some ideas now, do we reload the traps, or is that just like putting up a sign that says "chocolate here"? Do we keep the traps unloaded in case there are more? Any ideas gratefully received.

 

 

2 comments:

hayleysg said...

I did fly across the air and under my chair. Upsetting times. Temperature here is finally catching up with yours!

HB xxxx

hayleysg said...

*it