Friday 30 March 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMALLEST - THE BIG 'FIVE'

THURSDAY EVENING.

OMG. Kasabian Rock Baby!

What an absolute fantastic gig. In a small venue. We were SOOOOOOO close. They rocked! Days are Forgotten, Velociraptor (which I woke up singing!), Underdog, Club Foot (of course - we met the 'club foot fan club' - crazy boys only there because of club foot!!!), Empire, Fire. Loads more. The place was pumping. This morning my feet hurt so much and my ears are ringing. Throat's a little sore from singing, shouting, whooping. I had the best time - thank you so much Mr Burlington Bertie. You are a star.

I had to drive to our local town, park, get the bus to Dowtown (all by myself - aren't I brave?). Mr Burlington Bertie was waiting for me in the bus terminal 'hungry', so we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was lovely. Great place to take the kids next time we are there. It was very Art Deco'y. Lots of stained glass light shades. Carousel horses and an old tram you could sit and eat in. There was a massive chandelier in the foyer and posters and pictures everywhere. Must go back just to take some photos. Food was fab. Waiter was funny. MrBB and I didn't spill any food - good effort!

Toronto at night

MrBB had spaghetti and meatballs and I had butternut and Brie ravioli in a white wine sauce - ummm um.

We walked to the venue, queued a bit to get wrist bands (to confirm we were old enough to drink). The band that was supporting were called Hacienda. Very good. Rocky. A bit beardy. We got a good spot. The place was quite small so it didn't matter where we stood, we would have seen them perfectly.

Hacienda - a Texas band

Kasabian came on late, people started pushing towards the front and we edged just a little bit back. We got talking to some strange people. We had pot smokers in front of us and I was trying hard not to inhale their unwanted smoke. It wasn't a rough gig. There wasn't too much shoving. Lots of dancing but in a good way. By the end Mr BB and I were jumping up and down with the best of them. FABULOUS. Did I mention they were from my hometown Leicester?

Kasabian
Sergio Pizzorno

Tom Meighan


FRIDAY 30th MARCH

So, back to reality, it is Smallest's birthday. He is a little confused! "was I five when I was in still in my bed this morning?". "so, when I have my party on Sunday, will I be six?". "oh no Grandma, I'm not five today" - Grandma Skyped him this morning and sang Happy Birthday (beautifully!?) to him. He only got time to open one present this morning and it was from Grandma and Grandad. A Lego Bionicle. There were some Easter chocs for us all to share too - thank you Grandma.

I had about four and a half hours sleep (not enough - look saggy!)

The boys got ready quickly (Small went to school too, felt he was okay to go now, he looks much better and after all his silliness yesterday, he is better at school than under my feet). The boys got on the bus with their coats today as it has forecast snow for the next three days, I tell you, what a bloomin' country. Spring, hot summer days and then snow! WHAT!

I followed the bus to school and then had to turn around. Not only had I forgotten to put the recycling out but I hadn't put my mascara on - what was I thinking. Went back home, sorted the recycling, put face on and drove back to school. I handed Smallest's teacher a tin of Cookie Monsters for his class. The kids were all sitting around Smallest in the cloakroom singing Happy Birthday, are you 1, are you 2, are you three, etc etc. apparently they announce birthdays over the tannoy. Ahhhh bless.

Anyway I went to a coffee shop, had a large coffee filled with caffeine and a toasted bagel and sat and wrote some of this post, before setting off on a shopping trip for party food and cake supplies. Breathe.

I had a sneaky peek in the thrifty store (just because I was near) and found some lovely wool and a book on knitting afghans and blankets. Cool. One day!

I went off to bulk barn and bought loads of baking supplies for cakes for the rest of the year probably. I met a lady in there who asked if I was a cake decorator. I wish. I popped off to Walmart for more supplies, candy for piñata, birthday cards etc and I bumped into a neighbour and mum from school. She was helping me to find various things. I then bumped into the lady I met at Bulk Barn. She was lovely, so friendly and we talked about cake decorating. I gave her my blog name so she could see the cakes I made when in England. I told her to keep in touch so that one day when she opens her cake decorating business (or I do), we can get together and trade secrets. I meet some lovely people all over the place. I don't know if they hear my accent or are just naturally friendly. Nice.

Had an idea whilst in the shop about buying an ice cream cake (Mr Royal mentioned it was the thing to do over here), so checked google and found a Baskins & Robbins nearby. Bought a cake for tonight, just a small one but I think Smallest will be chuffed.

Finally got home, unpacked the shopping, skyped Moo whilst eating lunch and told her how wonderful Kasabian was, (played Kasabian all afternoon really loud and danced and sang whilst clearing and wrapping and sorting, he he he he, don't know why because my head hurts from lack of sleep!).

This is the lovely man I was talking about the other day who was Irish, called me Pet and rode around in a Horse and Cart.

Had some packages delivered today. Smallest will open them all when Huffle gets home. Blew up some balloon and popped them on the gate for when he got home (Smallest not Huffle).

I have had lots of emails, comments, texts, Skype messages all wishing Smallest a Happy Birhday. Ahhhhh. His Moral Guardian Aunty Miaow sent us this picture......

This is the Magnolia bush we bought when Smallest was born to flower on his birthday, and look it has! We gave this to Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc. This bought a tear to my ear (I left this in because it made me laugh, obviously it bought a tear to my eye). We are thinking of buying another one of these for our new garden, doesn't it look lovely?

 

We had a Skype from HB and Aunt and Unc Pear with a guest appearance from PestM. We had a Skype call from Grandad with a guest appearance from Grandma. W even had a Skype call from The Royals. It is their son's birthday too so we all sang Happy Birthday to each other!

"wow look at all these presents Mummy"

There was a lot of card and present opening. We had a roast dinner (Smallest's favourite) and finished with an ice-cream cake - yum.


 

Smallest came home with "Henry in a bag", lots of toys, books, things to do and a scrapbook. We have to take photos, draw pictures, write in the book about the weekend spent with Henry. I'm sure we will fit it in somewhere!

Henry being wrapped up by Smallest

After much excitement and shooting of Nerf Guns and looking through presents, we finally got them off to bed. I have a thumping headache and am so tired. I have cakes to make and a Piñata to finish and Huffle has just informed me that we are going out tomorrow for Smallest's birthday. arrrgggghhhh need a famfa clone quick. Make it two!

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMALLEST XXXXX

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Brenda B said...

Sounds like you had a great night! Pity it takes us all night to do what we used to do all night as we get older! Happy belated birthday to Smallest, hope the party goes well and you got everything done!

Hugs
Brenda

Mary Ann Tate said...

Happy Birthday Smallest!!!!!!

Famfa you made me tired just reading this post...sheesh.....LOL