Monday 5 March 2012

Minus how much??????????

Last night we had a picture on the door as we got home from ClownRose and BabyMo. ahhhhh Nice.

Smallest had a bad dream ***He was holding a box of Maltesers and handed one to Small, then they all fell on the floor***. He was in tears whilst telling me this dream. I said to him, "listen to your dream (I recounted it for him) and tell me if it is a scary dream or a silly one?". After we talked about it he fell about laughing. I too have some very bizarre dreams and I know that at the time they can seem horrible, scary, frustrating but they are normally nothing when talked about afterwards. I have dream books to interpret but I doubt there will be anything in there about Maltesters.

I walked the boys to the bus this morning. OMG It is freezing. -16. HURTS. Had to run back and get Smallest's balaclava. Small didn't put a fleece on because his top was 'warm enough'. It wasn't, he was shivering. I bet he'll put one on tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be changing Wednesday onwards and we will be getting warmer Springlike temperatures - Good.

I cleaned and did loads of washing today in preparation for Aunty A's visit. Can't wait. It will be so nice to see her. I have arranged for Small to go to his friends after school tomorrow so Smallest and I can get to the airport in time to collect her.

Whilst I was out shopping, I helped an old lady who was struggling to find a quarter (25c). Why she asked me I don't know, I can't get my head round these coins yet! When I found her the coin she wanted and picked up her gloves three times (she kept dropping them), she realised she didn't need a trolley after all because she had brought her own in. I bumped into her again and had to help her set her foldable trolley up. That's my good deed for the day. I left my gloves in the car. When I came out with my trolley and started loading the car, my hands started freezing! So cold. I wheeled the trolley back and got in the car and I was moaning out loud. Honestly, it's cold normally but when you have just come back from 28* humid hot sun, this is very very very very cold. Brrrrrrrrr.

Skyped Moo and had a chat while I ate my lunch. Put the shopping away. Prepared dinner. Waited for the boys to come home.

Smallest came home with a Reading Ribbon today (I think Small should have got one too but he hasn't come home with it yet). Well Done Smallest. They played outside for a while and then came in and made a banner for Aunty A to hold up at the airport. I had an offer today from Small's friend's mum to take Smallest as well while I went to the airport. I declined as I thought I would look silly holding the banner by myself. Plus I thought that Aunty A would be upset if none of the kids were there to see her arrive. As it is, only one of us can take her back to the airport because she is flying back quite late.

Huffle had a very busy day at work today. There were lots of 'issues' to deal with.

I haven't written about Uncle Dermott for a few days but he is doing well and is continuing his recovery. We are very pleased and hope he is home soon growing those huge show winning onions of his.

 

HB is poorly with Tonsilitus. Get better soon HB x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a lovely time with Aunty A, it will be lovely to sit and chat while the boys are at school. Hope Huffle's issues were dealt with and it does indeed warm up on Wednesday. Well my news is that I did it - notice went in last night, it's all public - feels good - Life, here I come. Aunt P.

Brenda B said...

Looks like you had a brilliant but exhausting time in Florida, loved seeing all the pics. The bad thing about living this far North is coming home to -16C after a warm weather break!! Not fun. We're off to South Carolina in April, I'm desperate to sit on a beach and get some sun on my face!

Hugs
Brenda

hayleysg said...

Thank you! Been a mixed day :)
Feeling better now
HB xx