Wednesday 7 March 2012

Ice to see you Mr Bear

Aunty A woke at 4am this morning and finished her book. When the rest of us got up she went for a run.

Smallest had a huge tantrum this morning and refused to get dressed. We had a big showdown but I definitely won the battle.......... eventually!

After the boys got on the school bus, I realised Small forgot his Dobok (Taekwondo suit).

Aunty A and I went to Port Perry today. It was a beautiful day 14*. Lovely in the sunshine.

We started with a good cup of coffee in a strange shop that sold all sorts of stuff like jewellery, Burts Bees Stuff, toys, candles, badges and strange metal moose!

We visited the Wee Tartan Shop and looked at the overpriced British food. Then we went into another shop that sold furniture and hats (how do they go together?).

We met a bear in a shop that JUST sold decorations (Christmas decorations mainly - strange ones). Actually that sounds like the bear sold Christmas decorations, he didn't. He just lived in the shop. We tried hats on (because that's what we do when we go out!!).

This is Aunty A trying to look scared but in actual fact it looks like she is dancing with him. BTW, that's not a party hat on her head, it is a light behind.
She looks like Audrey Hepburn and I look like Les Dawson

House of Elliott meets Paddington Bear

We went in a few book shops and found a fabulous children's book called "I want my hat back". It was about a bear who had lost his red hat. 'He Loved his hat'. I wish we'd bought it now because it was so lovely.

We had a lovely lunch at a place called Pantry Shelf.

There is a lovely lake there and we had a look at it and took photos. The lake was still icy and Aunty A wanted to jump onto a pontoon (like a floating boardwalk - imagine I am saying this in a Geordie accent). I wouldn't let her jump onto the pontoon (I was being a responsible mother), however I did try to get her to stand on the ice to see if it was really solid. She didn't.

Ooh looks just like the carribean
If only she wasn't wearing that coat
Who's going to swim through that ice?
Cruise tickets anyone?
Ice

We called it a day and drove home. We popped in to see 'The Royals' and had a cup of tea. Whilst we were there the school bus rushed past. I ran outside as fast as I could shouting 'Smallest, Smallest!'. The bus driver saw me and waited. Then he shouted 'Smallest your mom is back here'. I normally meet him from the bus as he gets off so goodness knows what he must have thought when I wasn't there. I took him back to the Royals and we finished off our tea.

As we got into the car to drive to school to pick up Small from Taekwondo, Aunty A slipped on the ice and fell on her bottom and twisted her ankle. She now has a bruised bum and a swollen ankle. We got to school too early so we watched Small do his Taekwondo for a while. He got another Power Clip and this time he got to keep it.

We took a trip to the Beer Store to buy Fly Paper (there are a few flies in Aunty A's room) and a bottle of wine and a couple of beers. The boys were running around the alcohol aisles with their arms outstretched. I was quite worried they were going to knock the bottles off the shelf and I would have a rather large bill at the end of our shop.

When we got home we had a visit from ClownRose and BabyMo. Smallest gave her another teddy, that's the third one so far. He adores her.

We made five bean paella for dinner. Ummmmmm nice.

Aunty A had to go to bed early. Jet Lag!

Forgot to mention that Huffle caught his third mouse the other day.

No comments: