Saturday 24 March 2012

Bip, Bip!

Last night I trawled the Internet looking for a solution to my itchy bites. I had raised my leg all evening but the swelling didn't subside. I found a website that claims baking soda and water made into a paste, smeared on the bites, would help. So I made the paste, smeared it on the bites and went to bed. Leaving blobs of paste all over the house. As the paste dried it turned back into a powder. I found trails of the stuff all over the house in the morning!

Attractive!!! I wish this would show how big my ankle was.

When I woke this morning the swelling had gone down substantially. But there was white powder everywhere. Whoops.

Today the Burlington Berties were visiting. Mrs BB and Muffin had just come back from visiting relatives in England and had bought us each a Malteser Bunny. Mrs BB also brought me a bite stick, some vegetable oxo cubes and vegetable gravy. Thank you Burlingtons.

Huffle and Mr BB got to watch his beloved stoke. Mrs BB and I walked around the garden, (she managed to find out an outside tap - yay). We sat in the sun room and chatted, and the kids played on the wii. The three of them played really well together. Muffin and Small are the same age give or take a week).

Stoke 1 - ManCity 1

Muffin, Small and Smallest and Mario

We had dinner, the burgers went down well but the chips didn't work so well. Still it was nice to all sit and eat together. I made a rice pudding especially for Mr BB (he requested it last time saw him) and Huffle made a Maple Syrup sponge. The kids played outside while it was all cooking.

Mrs BB was out on the naughty step for 60 mins (she's not 60!!!!!!!) so said Smallest, this is him telling her to shush!

We had pudding mid afternoon then out came the Monopoly Deal. The Burlington's hadn't played it before. All of us had a couple of games together and then the kids went back outside and played football and the adults carried on playing. Mr BB just wanted to win (shame, he didn't).

Football (soccer)
The kids' team

We worked our way through the tin of chocolate flapjack (the boys made it yesterday for us), ummmm nice.

Before we knew it, it was past 7pm. We said our goodbyes and packed our kids off to bed. Small and I have started reading Mr Poppers Penguins (we haven't seen the film so have no idea what it is about, apart from a man called Mr Popper and I'm guessing he may have a penguin or two!).

It was supposed to rain today but it never did, the temperature was cooler, about 11*.

We had a lovely day today. I loved the fact the kids get on so well, well we all do. Brilliant company. And I had forgotten that Mr BB said I could go to see Kasabian with him on Thursday. Wahoooo, a night out on my own. To see a band I really like. From my hometown. RESULT.

 

6 comments:

Mrs BB said...

We had a great day too, thank you xx

famfa said...

You are quick off the mark this evening. Your time is wrong! Thanks for today x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day and stoke drew, bet huffle pleased, cAn't be bad! Lovely weekend here, unc pear off golfing so all quiet on home front. Aunt p.

Mrs BB said...

I wanted to see piccies you posted. Lovely one of the children xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure my Grandad used to rub vinegar on our mossie bites - when we visited him in France. Can't remember if it helped much but it bloody stung.

Perhaps worth a try? No pain, no gain!

Yahoo xx

famfa said...

Thanks yahoo. Stopped itching now and swelling gone bug will remember for future.
Aunt pear - enjoy the peace!