Monday 12 March 2012

Big Fat Americans and 6 injuries

Apparently yesterday I said that the clocks went BACK. Silly me, they went forwards of course. (thanks Brenda).

I had an email from Aunt Pear yesterday and she said she was concerned that we get a lot of injuries here, she wondered what we did to our visitors. I said it was something to do with snow and ice. Well today was full of injuries (minor ones) and there was no snow or ice!

What a lovely slow morning we had. Apart from Huffle, obviously, he had to go to work. Small and Smallest played nicely together, dressing up, playing with Smallest's garage. Aunty A and I played Downfall (well she is on holiday). By 11:30 we thought perhaps we should get washed and dressed so we did. Small fell over in the house running (how many times have I told him not to?!) and caught his neck on the dado thing on the wall - it took a bit of skin off and looks quite sore but he is fine (injury 1).

We walked and scooted to our local cafe. The boys had their usual Grilled Cheese Sandwich but with fries. Aunty A had a Cheese Burger and I ordered a Rye Western which I was told by another cafe-goer that this would be rye bread toasted with a green pepper and onion style omelette inside. However when it came it clearly had bacon or ham in it. Arrrggghhhh. I looked at the person who told me what it was and she said "oh yeah sometimes they put ham in it!". She called the waitress over and told her I was a vegetarian and what I really wanted to eat. It came back. A toasted rye western. Ummm nice. Filling! It is supposed to be a breakfast thing with homefries but I'm not sure I could eat that first thing, maybe brunch!


Buzz (smallest) Lightyear and Small thought it was funny to do bunny ears behind his head!

We walked to the park. Both boys fell off their scooters on a pot holey bit of path (injury 2&3). Everyone had a play on the park. Aunty A and Smallest fell off the swing backwards when Smallest sat on her knee. Aunty A fell back on her head and protected Smallest really well, I think he hurt his knee a bit. She hurt her hand a bit.
Small climbing
Everyone climbing (except me, I not silly!)
smallest sliding
Swinging before the fell off

I also did this but hurt my wrist doing it. (injury4) Obviously my weak wrists cannot hold my WEIGHT!

We walked back home. It was mild, we didn't need hats, however, an hour home and the rain started. We don't remember that being forecast!

The boys played outside for a while and then watched some TV. Aunty A packed her case while I got ingredients ready for pancakes. When she had finished, she made Big Fat American Pancakes. ummmm ummmmm. Lovely. Smallest got confused because he didn't think he'd had any breakfast yet (it was about 4pm). Small was overjoyed because he thought it was his dinner! Very nice. Different to crepes that we normally have but very very good. Even Smallest liked them and he is really fussy. He fell over on the floor "just standing" still, not running like Small did earlier, and hurt his bottom (injury no5)?

We played some more games. One of them being Hungry frogs and Small accidentally bit Aunty A's finger with his frog (injury no6).

I took Aunty A back to the airport on my own. A bit of 'us' time on the way, chattering away and before we knew it, we were there. We didn't park in the car park because it is really expensive and it was late and dark and I didn't fancy being too late back or being in a car park on my own in the dark. We parked up outside departures and sat and chatted some more until we were 'moved on'. We said our goodbyes. I had a little tear as I would miss my buddy. Having someone here to chat to, help in the kitchen, play with the boys, it's been great. She has a lot of rubbish at work to get back so I hope it all works out for her in the way she wants. She says she will come back soon and we really hope she does.

The roads on the way back were horrible. It was raining hard. The trucks were huge and plentiful. When I got off the Highway the fog came down and I had trouble seeing the roads. Luckily there were two cars with me going in the me direction and to the same road we live on. I got home eventually.

Aunty A said there were many things she will remember from her trip here but her very favourite was when we were in the CN Tower and Smallest saw a poster that had a picture of the tower and he shouted, "Look the CN Tower!" then he saw an ornament of the tower and he did it again, Aunty A turned to him and said "you are IN the CN Tower".

 

No comments: