Tuesday 20 March 2012

We should be shovelling snow!

On my way out yesterday evening I had to take this photo of my neighbour mending a car! Smallest said the car had eaten him!

Last night I got back quite late from the Gardening Club. There were about twenty people there (all from the Hamlet). A man was speaking about his Clematis (clem-a-tis, not clem-ay-tis). He had many many varieties and we saw lots of photos of them. He was from England originally and had a strange English, canadian accent. I met a nice woman who was also from England originally (Derby) and has a fabulous garden that was featured in a gardening magazine. She invited me round for a cup of tea. I joined the club, It was the first time I have been out on my own in the evening.

This morning Smallest and I went off to the pharmacy to get some cream for my bites. The Pharmacist gave me something to put on the bites, an anti histamine. I asked him if he had anything I could put on to stop the Mosquitos biting me in the first place. He said "not yet, we should still be shovelling snow at this time of the year!".

I have had some good advice though from neighbours, friends, and comments on the blog. Basically I have removed all standing water from the garden. Kept the screens shut at all times. Not eaten any bananas but have eaten oranges. I have also bought some orange scented candles to burn. I have covered my bites in my cream and so far today I haven't got any new bites. However I have killed about twenty Mosquitos that came anywhere near to me or Small. They seemed to want to settle in his hair today!! We have a small pool here which is covered at the moment by a large sheet, however, the cover has gone into the water slightly and a pool has settled on top of the sheet. So I had to try and remove it, empty the water and put the cover securely on top again. Not an easy job but if it helps stop the Mosquitos, it was worth it!

We did some shopping. I found the boys some clothes in the sale at the supermarket, really cheap!

Smallest played outside after his lunch. He skyped his friend Art back in England. I got to speak to my friend LizzieDotDot.

This afternoon we sat with the Royals for a while in their garden. Smallest was showing their son photos from Disney. ClownRose and BabyMo came over and we walked to the park. On the way I noticed Smallest had put his Wellies on instead of his trainers. I sent him back to change them. Shorts, Tee Shirt and Wellies? Where does he get his dresss sense from?

Smallest's wonderful ensemble
ClownRose and Smallest playing
Smallest, very high up

Walking back from the park, Smallest and I collected Small and his friend 'Mac' from school. They weren't happy that we were walking home. It was another hot day again today. 19*. We walked home and met up with some other neighbours who also had kids at the school. They were nice.

Once we were home, the three boys played with Lego, computer and played outside with the football and on the Jungle Jim. Then they made their own pizzas for dinner.

Mac and Small on the Jungle Jim


Huffle said that while I was out last night, Smallest was a nightmare. It was bedtime but he refused to come in because he wated to scoot with me. Also he didn't want to go to bed at a different time to Small. They have always gone to bed at the same time, but lately we have come to realise it causes too many problems with them being in the same bathroom at the same time and story time is always interrupted by one of them. So we decided to stagger it by about 20 - 30 mins. (also Small has noticed that kids here go to bed much later) Even clubs here finish so much later. Anyway, I had a long talk with Smallest today about the reasons for him going to bed earlier, so I am hoping he will be better tonight. (especially as Huffle is playing football straight from work and won't be home till later). Huffle is looking forward to playing football. It's been a while. He used to play every Tuesday back home after work so it's nice for him to have that to do again. I hope it carries on. There is a yoga class starting on Wednesdays. We can't decide who needs to go more. Me or Huffle. I need the exercise and he needs to do yoga to strengthen his back! We might take it in turns as it is a pay as you go!

I have such a bad headache, I think I may have spent too much time in the sun. I may have to stay indoors tomorrow and paint some more of Small's room.

Our congratulations to Aunty A who completed her assessment and interviews for her job and was successful. Hurrah!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sky, and a lovely picture of ClownRose, she looks a fun lady. Good luck with the bedtime split, sure it will be worth it, we used to have trouble with HB along the same lines. Looks like the weather is cooling at the weekend so the mozzies will disappear for a while to give you time to re-group. Re the Yoga Huffle and you will have to give Unc Pear's "Sally" a try!!! Aunt P.

famfa said...

It was gorgeous. ClownRose is a lot of fun. Mossies already disappearing, hoping they don't come back just yet. I wonder if Sally has a sister over here?

famfa said...

It was gorgeous. ClownRose is a lot of fun. Mossies already disappearing, hoping they don't come back just yet. I wonder if Sally has a sister over here?