Sunday 20 October 2013

Appley Today*

Last night after I had read to the boys and put them to bed, I came downstairs to get Small his book and a glass of water and slipped down the last three steps of our stairs. I ended in a heap at the bottom and Huffle rushed over and made me stay still. I had a huge carpet burn on my lower back which was so sore and Huffle put Germalene on it. I had twisted my back and felt like I had been kicked by a horse. It was difficult to sit down for ages and I thought I would have trouble sleeping but I was out like a light. This morning I felt much better, the burn had nearly gone (thanks to Huffle's quick actions - he told me to write that) and it just felt a bit bruised. The moral of this story is 'don't wear flopsy slippers that fall off when you use the stairs' (moo is always telling me that!).

Small decided his legs were too achey to go on the Cubs hike this morning so we got to have a small lie-in. We had a very slow morning with Small making us scrambled egg and Smallest making us toast. When we eventually got ready to go out we went on a mission to get things done.

First we took the boys for hair cuts. Huffle went off to get some light bulbs as there was quite a wait in the hairdressers.

The boys came out looking very cute and smart and we went in search of trainers for Small. We got some after being in three different shops and picked up a pair of jeans for Smallest and a fleecy top for Small.

I don't know why Smallest has tried these slippers on!!!

We went out for dinner in a pub we found. We also found a Gelateria but it was closed by the time we had finished.

We found this building that was built in 2014 - yes we travelled to the future today!

We came home, had a cup of tea, skyped Grandma and while the boys played on the computer and IPad, Huffle and I went to the loft and listened to music, knitted (well just me really) and played Carcassonne.

The boys had their tea and we started to watch spider-man 2 until bedtime. Then Huffle cut his hair and I finished it off. All the boys are bobby dazzlers now.

Whilst out Smallest saw a sign that said "apply today......" He thought it said 'Appley (as in eating apple) today - silly boy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSIN PEST FOR TOMORROW

 

 

3 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

It's been years since I heard the expression Bobby dazzler!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
famfa said...

I don't know if it's a Leicester expression but I knew my North American readers and Russian readers wouldn't have a clue ha! X