Monday 21 October 2013

INCOMING.........

Monday morning - big rush. Get breakfasts, make lunches, send those kids to school, wave goodbye and sigh. Have a nice breakfast and read my book. Then a slow get ready, unload the dishwasher, load the washing machine, load the dryer and clean the toilets and off I go to do some food shopping. Not a huge shop today just a few bits and bobs whilst still searching for that $5 secret Santa gift and werewolf gloves. Didn't find either but got some food and came home and put it away. On the way home I stopped at a place to see if I could get a replacement deflector shield for the mower. He said if I got the model number off the back of the mower he would order it for me. When I got home I rang him and it is now on order.

I had lunch and made fish cakes for dinner before going off and having coffee with a lady from the Hamlet. We had a nice chat about the kids where I found out that Smallest entertained some of the kids with the 'smallest show' which sometimes included him telling jokes or dancing - now that doesn't sound like Smallest at school at all. I asked him about it and he said he doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it just to a few friends. She also told me that as a 'Sparkles' leader she once heard all the girls discussing that they had a crush on Smallest. Apparantly him and one other boy are the big heartthrobs of their class. (This is ages 5 and 6 - honestly!).

I came home, tidied the sunroom and put away everybody's summer shoes and tried to dry out Small's football boots which were just left in his boot bag and were wet, muddy and grassy! When the boys came home, Small had forgotten his homework and it was due tomorrow so we got in the car and drove back to school. Small got his stuff and I spoke to both of the boys teachers. Smallest's teacher asked if I would come in for Halloween and carve pumpkins with his class so I got a form from the secretary so I could get a police check here. Small's teacher stopped me too to have a chat. I also spoke to Small's football coach who said they were 1 point away from the final game and would not have to play again. He is trying to set up a house league and wants to get them playing indoors for the winter, he also wants Small to help with leadership with the younger team when he sets it up and is keeping an eye out for Smallest to play later on.

We came home and Small did his homework while Smallest did his maths on the computer. Grandma rang and told us they were booking a visit with us imminently, maybe as soon as this weekend. Well that was unexpected, I better make their bed. I can't do a "how many days" till they are here because they haven't booked yet. Will keep you informed.

Smallest and I played Carcasonne until Huffle came home and we had dinner. We finished our game and then had another one that Huffle joined. Small finished his homework. Tonight I took Smallest to Beavers. There was a bit of a mix-up. As there were no Cubs tonight, the Beavers Leader thought their room would be free until I turned up and told them the Garden Club had it instead. (I knew because I was supposed to go - but I didn't). They had to have the Beavers meeting in the hallway as there was nowhere else. At home, we finished the Carcassonne game. Huffle and I played Table tennis and I won one. Wahoooooo.

Huffle picked up Smallest. Today he had made a catapult.

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I I watched Doc Martin and drank Tea Poo. I hope Grandma has enough time to get us some tea, and the boys were complaining because our chocolate stash has ran out, oh and as soon as the boys heard they were coming they both said "ooooooh goody, wine gums".

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTY MIAOW (for tomorrow) x : )

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

How do the Canadians survive without these staple foods?! We have swapped sandals for wellies too now. It is well and truly autumn! X