Wednesday 2 October 2013

Pollen Poo

I learnt an interesting fact yesterday whilst at work. Bees do not poo in their hive. They can go for up to three weeks without pooing and when they do, they come out of their hive. Their poo is yellow and is practically pollen. Well isn't that interesting? I have written this in English, not Canadian. Otherwise I would have put poop and washroom!!

All slept well. Smallest seems to have lost his barking cough. Small still has a croaky voice and did get up to say he felt very sick but we sent him back to bed with positive thoughts and the realisation that the nausea may be because of all the party food and NOT strep! We told him he was ten now and that he had possibly grown out of strep. Hope that helps. He woke up feeling better but still with a gravelly voice.

Huffle went to work but had a terrible day as he has a lot to deal with at the moment. Poor Huffle.

I stayed at home and did load after load of washing, drying, ironing and sorting. Two lots of 'accident' bedding plus I washed Small's bedding, as well as the normal washing. That's a lot! I also ironed a ton of Huffle's tee-shirts (I don't normally do any of his ironing but I was feeling generous). I watched Downton Abbey and Peter Andre whilst ironing. (I'm not a huge fan of Peter but we used to watch the Katy and Peter reality TV show so I wanted to see what he was up to). I also ironed all of Small's bunting ready to sew it.

I stopped for lunch and sat on the porch. The weather was glorious again today. 24* and very warm. In the afternoon I got on the mower and did all the grass, front and back. I mowed over all the leaves, much better than sweeping and raking I thought. I still had to do a bit of raking but only one wheelbarrow full of grass. Then I raked and swept the leaves off the drive. That was a big job. How many leaves can fall in a few days? It's ridiculous. I took loads down to the bottom of the garden.

I had time to do a bit of knitting and sat on the porch and waited for the boys to come home. Today I have been having lovely text chats with Everett and Yahoo. Just a general catch up. Nice.

When the boys came home they sat and played on Minecraft (one of Small's birthday presents) before they had their showers, put their clothes away and set the dinner table. I made a roast dinner. When Huffle came home we all ate and then played football.

Smallest tells us this is a Katydid and it makes an Electric kind of noise. We don't know why it climbed up our screen bit he just sits there.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pollen poo eh? I'll now be thinking about that next time I get the jar of honey out! If you have a way of shredding up your leaves they make a brilliant fertilizer. Spread them a couple of inches deep over your veg and flower beds and let the worms do the work. In the Spring you'll have the most amazing soil ready for planting and your flowers will grow like crazy.

Hugs
Brenda