Friday 4 October 2013

Happy Birthday Famfa

One small interruption in the night, not from any small people but from the persistent rain. Huffle and I did our usual run around the house at great speed shutting all windows.

Today it was my birthday, and what a fabulous day I had. Yesterday I was feeling a little sad that I would be away from all the people I knew and loved (apart from Huffle and the boys of course) but I woke up to lovely emails, Facebook messages, Whatsapp and text messages. Plus a load of cards hidden behind the clock.

I lay in bed and worked out what age I was. I have lied for years so I didn't really know without working it out. I panicked, I am not good at maths and added an extra year on, so I felt a little better when I realised I was actually a year younger. Still a shock though!! The kids had made me cards and I opened theirs first with them watching. Smallest's card was of a round face which he informed me was not the walmart RollBack face which said 'Happy birthday Mummy, oh you're not my Mummy! and on the other side it was full of drawings of Mario and Luigi, the ghost and various characters from Mario brothers. Small's had a smiley face on the front which again was NOT the rollback face! Huffle had bought me a lovely Japenese Blood Grass and that sat on the table (love them).

Then I opened my present from Huffle - an IPod Docking speaker. It is wireless and Bluetooth so it means I can have it upstairs in the loft or downstairs in the basement whilst exercising and still play radio or the IPod or my phone - perfect, and it's really loud WAHOOOOOO. The kids bought me two bracelets (one of which Smallest said he picked especially for me but I I know he is fibbing because I bought it myself ha!, and some bulbs to remind me of our English Village garden. They are called Arum italicum and our neighbours Hairy and CogCog grew them and gave us some. Ahhhhh a little bit of old home.

I was also surprised to find that where I work, they had posted onto Facebook a link to a newspaper article on MrsM and I gardening at the Fairmont Royal York and there were plenty of photos of me on there. Yay fame at last. Well that wasn't it....... I later found out that I I was on the front cover on the local newspaper. I have yet to see the photo or the paper but someone I know has put it aside for me to see in the week.

I didn't open anything else and got the kids away to school and wished Huffle lots of luck for his English test today. He left in plenty of time (or so he thought) but hit horrendous traffic on the way and panicked about getting there in time. Still, he did get there on time and queued up with the United Nations. He felt he did well and expects to pass. He managed to talk about Beefy Botham for one of the questions and was very happy with that! He came home and we got to spend an hour or so together before the kids came home.

I went off to knitting this morning and was welcomed through the door with "happy birthday song", a cake and a pot cake trinket box with a lit candle. We all ate cake and had a good laugh. They are such a lovely group. RudeTrude had made me a lovely Fall cake which was full of fruit and apple and had a cream cheese icing with skor bits. It was very thoughtful and lovely. I didn't actually achieve anything at knitting because El undid it back to a hole she found and I struggled with the heel but I enjoyed it and they made me feel very special.

I left knitting to come home for my date with the cooker engineer. He didn't actually turn up until 3pm, changed the glass and two circuit boards. I told him I hoped I never saw him again and he said he didn't take offence. While I was waiting for him to turn up I skyped Aunty Miaow and we had a really good chat and catch up. It was lovely. Then I skyped Moo as she was trying to get through at the same time. We had a lovely chat too. In fact I was on to them both for about an hour and a half!. I told Moo I was going to put my music on loud and dance around the kitchen while I tidied it but Huffle turned up so we had a piece of cake and a cup of tea, then the engineer came. I opened the rest of my cards. I had $70, forty daffodil bulbs, a phone charger (for days when I need to take photos all day and can charge the phone without electricity - well that's everyday then!), animal tattoos (which Aunty A informs me every girl needs) and a compass for my car. I still have to find a bracelet from Moo which I haven't chosen yet.

As the Engineer finished, the boys got home and we got ready for swimming. We all went to swimming lessons. Both did really well. Both suffered with the chlorine today. Once they had finished and got changed we went for dinner at the Tin Mill. Smallest got to try ribs for the first time. He kind of liked them but wasn't happy about getting his hands all messy. Small had a burger. Huffle and I had a lovely carrot, orange and Ginger soup and we shared a leek and mushroom tart and fries. I had a cheeky red wine. Just lovely.

We came home, the boys watched a bit of TV and then went to bed.

THANK YOU FOR ALL MY LOVELY MESSAGES. YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL VERY SPECIAL.

 

10 comments:

AA said...

You are special!!

AA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wonder Woman said...

Glad you had a great day, xx

Sarah Tomson said...

Haha had to laugh at the above did you upset AA so she had to remove the comment?!

Sounds like a fab birthday, not looking forward to my big one next year eek!

x

famfa said...

Cheers mate, you too xx

famfa said...

No, she entered her comment twice and removed it herself. Big birthday oooohhhh xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh Sam, Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was your birthday otherwise I would have emailed you too! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, but you made me laugh not knowing how old you are, lol! Have a wonderful weekend, birthdays last all week in this house so do something special in a day or two!

Hugs
Brenda

Clare said...

Happy Birthday Famfa, love from the Jumbleberries xxxx

Ps - are you ever going to tell us how old you are?

famfa said...

We are having a birthday weekend for Small and me xxx

famfa said...

Thanks xx
Ps shhhhhhh x