Wednesday 23 October 2013

Confirmed Visit

I didn't sleep well because Huffle's nose was whistling and I had to wake him to tell him.  Consequently he didn't sleep because I woke him.  What a pair!

Huffle decided to go to work (maybe for some peace) and the boys went to school.  Small decided it was now Autumn and put his jeans on.  Could be something to do with the fact that snow is forecast!!!!

I stayed at home today and had a cleaning and washing day.  Grandma skyped and sent me her booking details.  They have confirmed they are travelling Friday morning and will be with us at lunchtime this Friday.  Wow talk about last minute booking!



I worked hard all morning cleaning the loft and the bathrooms and changing beds.  All beds now have their Winter quilts and sheets on.  All blankets are washed and aired.  I went off for a shower late morning and when I came back downstairs I had two missed Skype calls, four whatsapp messages, one text and an email.  I wasn't gone THAT long!

HB and Aunt Pear had found me some Secret Santa presents whilst shopping in Leicester, England and I asked them to get them for me (will reveal when G&G are here).  Thank you, I will send money back with G&G - much appreciated.  Moo  and Aunty had skyped so I skyped them back.  Nice to catch up with both.  Moo has just come back from a nice weekend away with friends and didn't get lost ha!  AA was talking about her plans to visit in March and we had a general catch-up.  Of course we discussed the Great British Bake-Off (Moo hadn't watched it yet) and agreed with the final result, though we both thought the wedding cakes were not up to standard for a finalist.  I had a text from Mrs Royal who wanted to borrow our ladder, though as yet I haven't seen her come and get it.

I ironed and ate my lunch in front of Downtown Abbey.  That sounds like I ironed my lunch, I didn't, I ate my lunch and ironed the clothes.

When the boys came home, Small had an armful of awards all earned by going on his maths program everyday......


...........and both are appearing in the assembly on Friday to receive other awards.  Small also came home with lots of tests with very good results.  Well done Small.

Smallest had brought home his photos from school.  How has the photographer managed to make my child suddenly look so Canadian?


I was planning on buying these for Christmas presents - not now!!!!

While the kids showered and put their clothes away I made a Beef cannelloni and a Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni for dinner.

Huffle came home early as he was very very tired and helped me finish diner and then we all ate.  We all played Carcassonne and Smallest and I played Draughts.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had brilliant day in town, did so much. Went in 11.45 back at 6.15. Particularly pleased with Huffle's extra little presents, not sure he will be! We so got in the Christmas mood am thinking of putting the decorations up soon. x