Saturday 5 October 2013

Cloudy with a chance of annoyance

We started our day with a Croissant and Pain au Chocolat birthday breakfast (this was Small's request). Then Huffle watched football, I sorted through the boys school paperwork and listened to Smallest read his books and Small did his Readers' Response homework. He had to write a letter to his teacher explaining what book he is reading and what is happening. He had to predict something and make a connection. He said his connection was one of the characters playing a trumpet to make other characters in the book happy and he said that it reminded him of his Great Grandad Ic who played the trumpet in the war to make people happy. Ahhhh bless.

I went up into the loft and played my music whilst tidying away my many balls of wool and needles etc. I didn't realise how many things I had on the go! The boys watched football with Huffle and played on the IPad.

The many colours of trees at the side of the road

We had a very quick sandwich and ran out to get to the local cinema for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2. We sat in front of some young girls who coughed (in an annoying nervous kind of way), kicked the back of Huffle's seat, stood up, talked, shouted and were generally too loud. I told them to shut up once and to stop kicking the seats. The parents, of course, sat behind them, they obviously knew how annoying they were. The film wasn't as good as the first one. Smallest loved it. He loves them all, never seen a film yet that he hasn't liked. I nearly fell asleep and I saw Huffle put his head on one side as if it was an effort to stay awake. However, we got through it and then went for a trip to the local charity shop where Huffle likes to buy his 'dead man shirts' (his words). I bought some circular knitting needles for 25c each and a veg chopper for $1 and he bought a Haggar shirt and a pair of Ralph Lauren trousers for a combined price of $6.

We dropped in at the garden centre on the way home and bought some more plants in their sale. I bumped into TeaLady there and she said she saw me on the front page of the newspaper. We left and came home, had a piece of birthday cake and a cup of tea and the boys played Basketball and Football while I blogged.

Smallest got hit in the face with the ball and that stopped that game and they all came up and sat with me in the loft. The boys played chess on Small's Kobo E-reader which he brought home from school to read a library book on and Huffle gave us a fashion show of his new dean man clothes.

The boys went off to play Pokemon cards in Small's room while Huffle and I cobbled some dinner together. Actually we had a lovely many veg and bean omelette and rice. Quite a healthy meal for a Saturday evening.

Small made pancake mixture for tomorrow and we all had a scuffle in the kitchen. The boys ended their day with TV, a story each and bed. Huffle and I played Battleship Card game that we bought for Small so we could explain it easier to him tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (That was me sighing).

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What struck me was that Huffle must talk about Grandad Ic to the boys for Small to recall these memories which made me feel happy and sad at the same time... Feelings are strange things aren't they? Sounded a good day. It's another warm sunny day here, I'm off with Sylve to watch golf at Kirby Muxloe, a scene I think of one of Huffle's many triumphs!!

famfa said...

Not particularly, small remembers him and has a photo of him in his room. Enjoy golf, huffle thinks he won something there xx