Sunday 13 October 2013

Gorillas in the mist

Last night when I went in to check on the sleeping boys, I pulled Smallest's blanket from underneath him and he opened his eyes and waved at me. I asked him if he was okay and he shouted "caramel"! He has no recollection of this.

We awoke to rain. Lashings of rain which carried on all day. After breakfast the boys had their showers. They have to use the same shower as no-one wants to use mine because it's too pink!!, so Small went first and then Smallest. The smoke alarm went off while Smallest was in there. Huffle went up to check and he said it was like "Gorillas in the Mist" up there. No extractor fan on or any windows open!!

Because of the rain, we decided on a 'list day' with competition. We played card battleship, pictureka, Pig Goes Pop, Prehistoric Park, Yahtzee, Carcasonne, Tumblin' Monkeys, Upset, Pop up Pirate, Jenga, Fishing game, junior Scrabble and Hide and Seek.

We had lunch and dinner in between and watched half of Back to the Future 3 and I finished Small's Christmas socks.

At dinner time the scores were Huffle with 10, Small and Smallest with 9, me with 8 and Moo was last due to her participation in Pig Goes Pop (our scores were from the whole weekend).

After dinner we finished our film and then it was time for stories and bed.

It is supposed to be a better weather day tomorrow, well it is Thanksgiving.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Great socks!! It is raining a lot here too, it's horrid.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you got rain on Sunday, we had two astonishing days for the middle of October, I was wearing shorts and a strappy top yesterday! Love the socks, they turned out lovely. Andrew wants me to make him some thicker ones for padding around the house in during the Winter. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast entertainment! I've got no more pics of the cranes, but a lot of trees, and I know how much you like trees!!

Hugs
Brenda