Thursday 3 October 2013

Don't cry over spilt milk!

It seems that when a certain person (not naming any names but it wasn't me or the kids!) posted my blog last night, they posted it to the wrong one. Well it is there now. I suppose I shouldn't be so greedy and stick to one!

Apparantly Small had another nose bleed in the night. He said he got up to go to the toilet and bumped his nose on the door!!?? It wasn't bad and he didn't feel upset enough to wake us.

Everyone left me to it this morning and I cycled to Power Yoga. Phew, I got to tie myself up in some interesting knots. I was a crow, a tree, and an ouchy mess.

Cycling past the cornfield

Then I cycled to school to drop off Smallest's agenda that he forgot and cycled home where I tipped a bottle of water in my bag all over my yoga mat, towel, my phone and keys. I grabbed my phone as quickly as possible and dried it off. Hopefully I got there in time. I have already had it replaced once because it got wet inside but that was from when I dropped it in the snow. Honestly, they are a great phone but don't you think they could be better protected. I never got on with the otterbox or whatever it was called, it just broke! We were watching 'would I lie to you' last night and they were talking about when Dermott o'Leary was a teenager and someone asked him if he texted a girl or spoke to her. They were all laughing because we didn't have texting then. Lee Mack said before texting we pressed our faces up against the window and shouted!

No walk in the forest for me today as NoCustard is busy and it's not the same walking on your own. Shame! The rest of the morning I spent tidying, showering and emptying the dishwasher etc.

After lunch I went for a trip to the Supermarket. I bought all my toiletries and a couple of Christmas presents for the kids. Well their birthdays are over now so I can concentrate on Christmas. I popped to the Thrifty Shop to give some toys away and then had a peak inside. Not much there today but I got some cheap binding tape which I use for bunting.

Lovely tree, lovely colours, very autumnal

The mailbox was full when I got home. Two more packages for Small. My lovely friend MrsChappo sent us some Freddo Frogs yum yum and Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc sent Small some special cooking utensils for flipping pancakes and making scrambled egg. Very cool.

They are called Sir bakealot

While I putting the shopping away I opened the fridge door and the milk jumped out and spilt everywhere, nightmare. Later when Smallest opened the fridge it happened again. Milk everywhere. This time we had to get the mop out, it was THAT bad!

I sat on the porch and read my letter from MrsChappo (love snail mail). The sun was shining and it was really warm again. I started a new sock for Small for Christmas and waited for Smallest to come home. He was late and I was just starting to worry when he arrived. Apparantly the bus took a different route home today to drop someone new off. Small was at football try-outs so we got in the car and went to the library. Then we realised it wasn't library day so we went to see Smallest's friend instead. He stayed there while I picked up Small and then Smallest was dropped off later after a good play.

I made dinner, Small built his Lego and then when Huffle came home late we all ate. I had my first birthday present to myself today - Heinz Baked Beans. I bought myself two tins as a treat and had half of one tonight.

We all played football and then the kids watched TV.

Huffle is having a horrible time at work and is under a lot of pressure. Tomorrow is his English Test for our 'Residency'. Last night he listened to a practice test. One of the questions was "which mode of transport would be best used in a short journey". WHAT?! Worrabout yer legs mate! Or mebbe al tek the buz! Gerron a 'orse? Giz a croggy?

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Heinz beans, you know how to treat yourself! Good luck for the residency test Huffle and have a lovely birthday Famfa xx

Unknown said...

Hope he remembers that the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain... He'll be fine, never failed an exam in his life. And finally on the right day Happy Birthday, ru going to live dangerously and have the other half tin of Heinz? x

Sarah Tomson said...

Happy birthday :-)

Got my daily blog update last night, glad you sorted it out!

Hope you get a big birthday breakfast so you can have the rest of the beans :-)

x