Tuesday 8 October 2013

WATCH IT!

I didn't want to to wake up this morning. I was just so cosy and warm and sleepy. Still, Huffle went off to work and I'm sure he didn't want to go. The boys went to school and I went to work, still in my shorts but armed with a hoody for extra protection. Today and the rest of the week are looking good weatherwise. Jan and I cleared another bed today of Lamium, violets, geranium (of which I I brought some home) and Flox (which I also brought home). We also made a new bit of garden.

Jan had made Pumpkin shortbread which was amazing. Jeff had gone out and got me an extra copy of the newspaper and there I was on the front page.

There are even more photos on here. FAME!

Once I finished at work I drove to uxbridge to the cinema to see if they had my watch but it was closed and not open until 6:30pm. No way of contacting them. No letterbox to push a note through. AAARRRGGHHH. So I went to the charity shop and this was the conversation.

ME: hello I I lost my watch on Saturday and I am retracing my steps

WOMEN: oh

ME : so has one been handed in? I don't want you to find it and sell it.

WOMEN: Well yes we could.

ME: so, have you found one?

WOMEN: well it was a while ago. There are lots of people who work here.

ME: can I leave my number in case you find it?

WOMEN: they stare at each other non-comittingly

ME: is there anywhere you would put things if you found them?

WOMEN: you can look in the watches?

ME: I look in the watches! it isn't there. They carry on serving people.

ME: right. Well thanks then!

I could have cried. I felt so frustrated. Was that such a hard thing to do? So it could have been found and it could have been sold. GREAT. I came home, made lunch and skyped Moo. While I was chatting to her. I had a phone call on my mobile - I had won yet another cruise to the Bahamas. Wahooooo. I win one a month at the moment.

After chatting I planted the plants from work and then a couple from the weekend and popped round to the Royals.

Some plants from our garden and the bottoms left is from The Royals.

The boys came home and we cycled to the library. I sat and wrote to a friend while they changed their books and played on the library computer. It was very noisy in there today, normally there is no-one but us in there. We cycled back and the boys wrestled outside while I got dinner.

I called them in and they did homework, showers and a quick game of battleships. Huffle came home and we all ate. While the boys played we planted some more stuff in the garden and hung up the sunflowers for the birds to eat.

Small got into the school football (soccer) team and plays his first game on Saturday though he hasn't got any footy boots yet!!! WELL DONE SMALL.



 

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

How frustrating about the watch ! Good pic on the paper though x good. luck Small with your football match. BW loves football and got 'Man of the Match' on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Oh very annoying about the watch, hopefully it'll turn up when you're not expecting it. Fame at last! I saw all the photos, you're a pro gardener! Well done to Small and good luck for Saturday.

Hugs
Brenda