Friday 18 October 2013

PASSED

Huffle didn't sleep well - too much on his mind. I slept better but still woke up a few times, don't know why. It is so dark in the mornings at the moment, no-one seems to get up early. I'm sure it must be that awful time when the clocks go back soon. One of these days I shall write to the Queen and tell her to stop this silly time moving.

HUFFLE HAS PASSED HIS ENGLISH TEST - Well done, we knew he could do it. Well to be honest, born in England, English as his first and only language, lived only in England until we came here - had he not passed, he would have deserved to have been kicked out. We are very proud of him really.

All the boys had breakfast together and Smallest got very confused and thought it was Saturday even though I was making their school lunches. Huffle went off to play golf ..........

.......and the boys went to school. I had breakfast and then got ready to go to knitting. I did a small shop on the way as I am still looking for additions for Small's Halloween costume and I picked up a little something for Smallest for Christmas.

When I got to knitting DP was in charge as El was busy. She said she remembered it was Friday and thought "oh no, Famfa will be here with her socks!". Ahhh I can't help it. She was right though I was in a mess. She told me to undo the whole heel and then we sat in front of YouTube and figured out where I went wrong. All is well now. We had a good laugh as usual and while I was there I got a text from Huffle to say he was finished and did I want to go to lunch? oh yes please.

We went to the lovely Tin Mill.

As we hadn't reserved we had to sit in a room with a table of about 15 older people who were very very noisy. In fact as we sat down a woman at the noisy table said something to me but I couldn't hear. She had to repeat it three times before I realised she was saying "sorry we are noisy". We had a lovely meal and then went to Huffle's favourite charity shop where he bought a couple of shirts and I found a Ravioli attachment that I thought might fit our pasta machine (it did - 50c). There was also a Halloween shop upstairs so we had a look in there. I bought the kids a funny mummy thing for 10c and Huffle bought a Darth Vader mask for 25c. big spenders today.

We came home and Huffle went off and did some painting on the pool deck. I did some more knitting and made Small's dinner for later as he came home from school, went swimming and then went straight to his cubs so he had to eat in the car.

The kids had a quick play before we all scooted off to swimming lessons. The house across from swimming had even more Halloween decorations and Huffle told me to go and photograph it. However, whilst taking a few photos a boy appeared. I said hello. A dog appeared and then a lady. I said "hello I am just admiring your work". WHAT? She said. "I'm just admiring your decorations" said I. I JUST DONT WANT THE DOG GOING ONTO THE ROAD she snarled. Right then put a fence up, say thank you when someone says something nice to you and don't put up garish decorations if you don't want people gawping at them!!!!!! Is what I wanted to say.

Smallest had an excellent lesson and seemed to be swimming much better and faster. Small appeared tired and weary but still very smiley. We drove home past all the lovely autumnal colours of the trees and made Small change his stinky socks and trainers and then Small and I walked down to the Beer Store where Small was due to stand with some other cubs and give out apples to thank the community for something and get them to pay for the apples so the cubs have money to spend. Mr Wazowski was there with his bitey son and another boy and he said he would stay with the three boys but that they wouldn't be there for long as the main rush was over.

Smallest had his dinner and then did his computer maths. Small came home after selling lots of apples (including three apples for $5) and went on his maths programme and then they settled in front of the Tv before bed.

Huffle and I spent most of our evening getting ready for tomorrow. Small is at his football tournament and we need to be out of the house before 9am and the weather is looking rainy!!!

The fire is on. It is cold tonight!

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Well done on the pass!! Would have been a little concerned with a fail though! ;-)