Wednesday 16 October 2013

Hilda Ogden's Flying Ducks

Huffle went off to work an hour earlier than usual. Today was the day he had to let forty of his people go. He made them redundant. It has been a tough time for him and it was a very long day. He has been through being made redundant himself so he knows how awful it is. We were supposed to go out after he finished work but we had a take away instead in front of Spider-man.

When I woke up this morning it was still dark (7:30am) and I felt awful. At first I thought I had poisoned us with the fish I cooked yesterday but no-one else was ill. I don't know if it's the antibiotics or a virus. I have been hot and cold, nauseous, headachey and generally feeling yuck!

I went shopping after the boys went to school. I went to five different shops in search of things on my list, then came home and put the things away and had lunch.

This afternoon I cleaned a bit, ironed some of Huffle's Teeshirts, did some washing and bed changing and watched Downton Abbey.

When the boys came home they did their computer homework (this is a new thing they are both doing where it poses maths questions and the quicker they answer, the better their score. Once they complete a task they get to play a maths game. They are supposed to do it three times a week but so far they are doing it everyday. It tells them when they have reached their daily requirement too). They had their showers and then played on the computer and IPad.

It has been a rainy day today. It is definitely getting cooler as we have started to get mice in the house again. Huffle has caught three so far.

Thank you to those who gave suggestions for my Secret Santa present, I got some very interesting replies.

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Poor Huffle, nasty part of the job xx we have two very spritely kittens if you want to borrow them?! X