Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hair we go!

The house was left empty today as everyone went off and did their 'thang'. I picked up Mrs Royal and we went off to the other side of the World (well an hour away) to get our hair cut. We haven't seen each other properly to talk to for ages so we had a good catching up session. In fact I don't think we stopped chatting all day.

We arrive at the lovely Smoothie's house where we had a coffee, a biscuit and a chat before she got on with colouring Mrs Royal's hair. Then I had mine cut. I haven't had my hair cut since last December (eeeeekkkk) so it needing cutting and I had a lot off. She made it look lovely with her fabulous hair drying skills and not a straightner in sight. Wish I could do that! Shame I have to go exercising tomorrow and ruin it all. We all talked and caught up and gossiped and left three hours later looking fabulous.

Not a great shot but I always get told to show myself more.

We decided to drive home the scenic way, which actually took 1.5 hours but it was a nice drive. Once home I found a package on the doorstep. It was really heavy and was from Jamaica. I took it outside and rang Huffle to see if he wanted me to open it, which was when I realised it wasn't for us but for someone else miles away. We also had a note to say there was a recorded letter waiting at the shop for us. I hopped on my bike, caught up with the posty lady and gave the parcel back. I also told her that the previous owner no longer lived here and could she do something about the fact that we get a lot of post for them. She said she would sort it. I cycled to the shop, picked up the letter and cycled back past my favourite cornfield.

There will be another one of these tomorrow as I go past on my way to Circuit Training.

As it was nearly time for the boys to come home, I sat on the porch and waited for them. Another gorgeous day. Plenty of leaves falling but sunny and warm.

Once home, they started playing basketball and then building a leaf fort. They raked all the leaves, from the big pile I made a few days ago, half way down the garden, loaded them into the wheelbarrow many times and wheeled them to near the veggies. Then they moved the leaves and made corridors, rooms and doorways for their fort. It was very good and I helped to move leaves for them. I also moved a load of pine needles from th grass onto our veg path, then I I went in and started dinner.

I bought a chicken for Thanksgiving which is this weekend but I decided to cook it tonight instead as it was fresher so we haven't got a thanksgiving dinner now. I was texting my friend Everett and told her we would go to the chippy instead. We love that advert that appears on British TV. Chips for Tea.

Huffle came home and we had a lovely dinner. He and the boys played football and I wrote a few letters.

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I watched the The Wrong Mans - we like this, it's funny.

A bit of loveliness from our garden.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COUSIN D FOR TOMORROW x

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We popped to Cousin D's house with grandma last night with pressies, had a lovely homemade choc cake and tea along with cake lighting and singing, poor neighbours! Think we having trad fam party week Sat joint with Cousin Pest who will be 23, struggling to get my head round that one! Lovely photos by the way. x

Clare said...

Lovely photos from your garden - like your hair too.
I watched the Wrong Mans last night too - hilarious!!

Jumbleberries xx

Wonder Woman said...

Lovely hair, suits you x