Tuesday 1 October 2013

"Penguin's got a massive nose!"

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY SMALL

His birthday porridge (he gets his requested croissants at the weekend).

Smallest got up in the night after another accident. Is he worried about something or is he just drinking too much (he did say he refilled his night drink!). Both Huffle and I got up and changed all the bedding. Of course, Small woke up too. I didn't sleep too well. I kept thinking about how I was going to do the cake!

Huffle worked from home. I went to work. Jan and I worked on another part of the garden today, clearing Salvia (which I came home with) and mahonia of which there was far too much. We worked hard as usual and stopped for coffee and compost cookies (interesting they had ground coffee, pretzels and corn chips in them). We replanted up some of the area we cleared. I came home about 12:30 to get a start on Small's cake and prepare for our party.

Huffle and I had a quick sandwich before I did the cake. I have to say this is the worst cake I have ever made. I swore a lot. I threw things around. I was not at all happy. I have never liked wrestling and I wasn't overly happy with the figures I made yesterday but I thought the ring would be the easy part. Oh no! The chocolate fingers didn't stick in the cake and the liquorice laces didn't stick to the chocolate fingers. Jon Cena's arm fell off, then his legs, his ear and finally his head. Ray Mysterio's head fell off and his hand. I managed to join them together but they weren't as they should have been. It was a complete mess. However, when the boys first saw it they both said "wow, that's amazing". Fair enough. I knew it would taste okay because I have been testing it throughout the whole process.

Small took the 24 small cup cakes to school and they were received very well. He says no one ever takes in homemade stuff. ha!

I made two pass the parcels with forfeits and wrapped Small's presents. The table was laid out with the cake, balloons, party horns, presents and cards. Huffle had put up the bunting earlier and we had a huge Union Jack at the front door. I managed to get a shower in before Small came home. As soon as he got off the bus he saw the flag and was very happy. He came in, loved his cake and started to open his cards and presents.

Grandma skyped and she watched him open stuff and sang to him. Moo skyped and chatted about what he had. Then we put Moo in one corner of the table and skyped Grandma again and put her in the other corner and then we lit the candles and all sang. It was funny.

Aunt and Unc Pear skyped and then HB skyped too. He is a popular boy and has had loads of email, whatsapp and Facebook messages - THANK YOU EVERYONE.

We played pass the parcel, ate our pizza whilst watching the 1966 batman film. Too cheesey for me. We had Angel Delight, Jelly and Ice-cream and the boys had a small piece of cake. It's huge, we will be eating this for the rest of the year! The boys got bored of batman and played with Small's new Pokemon cards.

PILE ON!!!!

Small came home with a very gravelly voice. He will be doing another salt gargle tonight.

We are all shattered.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Happy Birthday Alfie, your cake looks fantastic. Hope you enjoyed your party.

Hugs
Aunty Brenda (mummy's friend)

Wonder Woman said...

Wow that cake is great, well done x Glad he had a lovely day xx

Unknown said...

Looked a good party, jelly, icecream, pass the parcel with forfeits, (glad to hear Cowboy Kev hasn't been forgotten) and pile-ons.

AA said...

I love you Cowboy Kev!!