Monday 7 October 2013

Leaf it out!

No storms last night, though we did have lots of rain and with the rain came down lots of leaves.   Honestly, anyone would think it was Autumn.  Huffle went off to work and the boys off to school.  I swept and mopped and tidied and put washing on.  It seems I have lost my watch.  Possibly at the Cinema on Saturday.  I rang them and listened to a recording message about what was on and when hoping that I might get to speak to a real person at the end but I didn't which means I will have to go there tomorrow to ask them if anyone picked it up.

I drove all the way to the Supermarket with my list in hand.  I did all the shopping, mentally preparing meals as I went along.  I got all my shopping packed away and went to get my Debit Card out of my purse and then realised it wasn't in there.  How embarrassing!  I didn't even have my Credit Card or any cash on me.  I had to leave my full trolley there and run back to the car, which I also lost for a short time.  I don't know why I can never find my car, it is very annoying.  I had to drive home and I took the straight route through the new sub-division which meant lots of stopping and lots of slowing down.  I got home, found my card, which I had left in my knitting bag - DOH of course that was the last time I used it, and then drove all the way back.  The lady I pushed in front of the queue didn't look pleased even though I apologised, the cashier apologised and told her why I sneaked in.  I took my shopping home, via another stop at another supermarket as they didn't have Apple Juice.  Eventually I got home, put the shopping away and had my lunch.


I started dinner.  Today was two different stews.  Beef Stew for Smallest and Huffle, Vegetable Stew for me and Small decided he didn't want either. BOOOOO.  It took me ages to make it and it was nearly time for the boys to come home so I went out and started clearing the leaves from the drive.  I couldn't actually see the drive under the leaves, there were that many.  The boys helped me at first and then Smallest disappeared and Small left  but he did wheel a lot of barrowfuls down to the bottom of the garden.

School bags were emptied, dumplings made and then the kids played on the DS' and IPad.  Huffle came home and we all ate before rushing off to Beavers and Cubs, which today was at Sequoia's house.  They had Investiture of the Cubs who came up from Beavers, a bonfire and snacks.  Huffle and I left them and went for a walk around the Hamlet.  It was cold and soon turned dark.  We laughed at the houses who already had their full Halloween decorations out.  7th October people - ages yet!!!

These decorations were huge air filled ones - as tall as Huffle, all of them!


Goodnight from the Hamlet



2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds like a crazy kind of day. Glad you found your bank card, good luck finding your watch ! X

Unknown said...

Love the evening photo, It looks like someone painted the moon in.