Thursday 31 October 2013

The Witch in the Ditch

I was awoken by the youngest of the house coming in at 7am shouting "hallo Hallo Halloween" over and over and then he climbed into bed with me and just looked at me till I got up.

This morning it was wet beyond belief. It had obviously been raining all night. The kids were supposed to be doing a parade in their costumes through the Hamlet today. This morning was a disaster. I decided to check how Small's blood had dried on his shirt - it hadn't! It was sticky and wet and made the whole shirt useless. I found another one and cut it up, sewed on the hair and poured nail polish on it instead. It wasn't great but all I could do in such short notice. Grandma got up and helped and the boys were useful too.

I bought a Brain jelly mould yesterday with jelly grubs but I forgot to make it up so had to do it this morning. The mould didn't stand on its own so I rested it in another bowl. When I moved the bowl to the fridge, it spilt everywhere, on the floor, in the fridge - EVERYWHERE! Once we cleared it all up we had breakfast.

Grandad and I drove out to Walmart and the Tire, both with our respective lists, we split up and shopped. We got almost everything and drove home in the thick fog. Once home we picked up Grandma and headed out to school to watch the Halloween Parade. Because of the rain, they paraded inside.

Each class, starting with the kindergarten, went from class to class picking up more costumed children until they ended up in the gym doing a circuit. We left and came home. Grandma and I made a soup and bread, I had lunch and then I scooted back to school again to carve pumpkins with Smallest's class.

I got there at 12:45 and we weren't carving until 2pm so I did jigsaws with them and helped them set up for games. They went off do gym and the teacher and I set up the pumpkins and desks. A couple of other mums turned up and when the kids came back we spilt into four groups. I carved for the kids and they drew their designs. We decided on one part from each child. I.e. Smallest drew the teeth. They looked really good.

They went out for recess and when they came back we had lit the pumpkins for them. SPOOKY.

I stayed to tidy up and then I left them to it and came home. We finished making the soup for dinner and the bread was baked beautifully. Not long till the boys came home, mad and full of sugar. Smallest read his library book and some of his reading book. They went and 'trick or treated' The Royals and then played till Huffle came home.

We had dinner and then went out for Halloween.

Grandma stayed at home and we all went in the car as it was raining hard. Once parked we walked around one road. Lots of people, lots of sweets, lots of scary houses.

I was a witch and Grandad pushed me in the ditch!!
Many many pumpkins

We were absolutely wet through and cold so visited one more home of Smallest's friend and came home.

Grandad sorted through all the sweets and lined them up beautifully and then when he went to say Goodnight to the boys, we moved them all around. What a lot of meanies we are.

TIRED!!!!!!!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun log to read but suspect not so much fun in the rain. Hope the boys enjoyed it all though suspect they did .....what a meanie Grandad is shuffling the sweets, shame on him. Ps. what's this RECESS business !!

famfa said...

😳